Anyone buy the Detlev EK1 Spange?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andy.

I'm with you. I've never understood this Friday thing at all.

Comment

Sorry Andy but I do not agree with you. Detlevs prices are VERY reasonable and you know the items you buy from him are real thing and if not money back (even after several years). Beats any market sales I know. Of course good stuff is where you find it but do you know what feeling it is after having been to x markets and not found what you are looking for and then on Friday looking at Detlevs finding what you want AND getting the "it's yours" email?
      I know doing your homework is essential but when buying something which is not your speciality what is not easier then let Detlev do your homework.
      For me Detlev is my favourite dealer and I think he will be for a long time.

Just my opinion.

Regards,
      Pascal

Originally posted by Andy Hopkins
      Tom, I meant the Friday follies. Good stuff is where you find it I guess, and to each his own. I can't help but think that people buy something...anything on those updates just to get the "its yours" notification. Not my cup of tea. Great for Niemann's pocketbook though!

Comment

I don't know...I've seen a lot of stuff sold by him that I wouldn't want in my collection. Then you have to buy it instantly on top of that and risk having to return it thru int'l mail. Like I said, to each his own, but not my cup of tea.

ps-letting any dealer "do your homework" is insanity IMO, even if he is a saintly being

Comment

...........letting any dealer "do your homework" is insanity IMO, even if he is a saintly being
          Hi Andy,

I think it all depends on which dealer and I think Detlev is allright and also on the dealers return policy. I know as for the return policy Detlev is allright.

Best,
          Pascal
          Last edited by Pascal; 04-18-2004, 02:00 PM.

Comment

I think that Detlevs items are super and his prices fair. I have bought a lot from him in the past. My problem anymore is I would like a little more that a few seconds to make a choice. I am afraid I will let others jump into the feeding frenzy on Friday mornings. If that kind of hunting gives you a thrill then so be it. I look later and if something is still there I will try and get it. Afraid there is no fun it the Friday morning crazies for me. Mike

Comment

Is yours,D....still one of my favorite e-mails to receive,and I guess the thrill of the race might be a part of it,but who doesn't need a thrill once in a while.My first f.o. u-boat badge came in the scramble when it was almost impossible to get on Detlev's site on Fridays at 14:00.Still a fond memory when I got my message for a badge that I'd been in the hunt for, for some time.The rush might be a bit stressful to some ,but I wouldn't miss it .
              Best, Steve

Comment

Hello all,

Detlev's is just another resource - something to check out if/when you have the time and money. It is one on many options - all of which need to be exercised!

Mike

Comment

Mike, If the Friday rocket race doesn't work for you I would suggest you network. Call a few dealers you prefer, give them your info and your requests and you will be surprised. Within a few months what you are seeking will be found.

I'm sure the big guns know where a mint cased clasp can be found.

Good luck!

Comment

Tom, I meant the Friday follies. Good stuff is where you find it I guess, and to each his own. I can't help but think that people buy something...anything on those updates just to get the "its yours" notification. Not my cup of tea. Great for Niemann's pocketbook though!
                    Can't remember the last time we agreed, but I'm in agreement on this.

Comment

So,no forum members got the spange or the GTDB as well as the 25 PAB ...........Hmmmmmmmmmmm .

Very , interesting , especially the price points on the above mentioned pieces.

Best,
                      JD
                      What we do in life ehoes in eternity.

Comment

It does make you want to check back every week and see if YOU are the lucky guy.

Comment

I was very happy when I received the "is yours" last Friday. I have been looking for an Italian Silver bravery medal "Al Valore Militare" - for a German soldier for sometime now. Can't wait to see if the name on the medal is one in the books. I am putting together a medeterranian grouping to go with a u-boat tradition badge from u-380. I noticed in reading that several u-boat officers based in this area, who were knights cross holders were awarded this medal. Now I have one. Yes, the excitement of hunting and receiving the "is yours" is difficult to substitute for.

Regards,
                          T

Comment

Whats the situation with the return policy with Detlev? If I recieve an item that I need to return, can it be posted back into Germany if it has a swastika on it or does the law prevent me from doing that? Has anybody posted back items with a swastika on them?

Regards,

Brett

Comment

Brett,

Detlev has a great return policy and in my book is unbeatable when it comes to integrity. Simply ask him what works best when sending something back.

I used to really enjoy the Friday morning rush (5am local for west coasters), but I've fallen behind the times and am still on a 56k modem (which connects at 50k for some reason??). It was definitely addictive and worth the beatings that my wife gave me! The bruises faded but the badges and groups are still here (I do wish my two front teeth were still with me).

Some of my best peices came through Herr Niemann. I wish I was up and on a fast connection last week.

Calv

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X