Anyone buy the Detlev EK1 Spange?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone buy the Detlev EK1 Spange?

I was wondering if any forum members purchased the beautiful cased EK1 Spange that was listed for sale on Friday. I attempted to buy it after the site was only open for about two minutes. I thought I was fast enough but I got the "sorry sold" e-mail from Detlev about three hours later!!!!!

Oh how I've been wanting a near mint Cased EK1 Spange!!!!!!!

How I could have been beaten is still a mystery to me...........
    I hope it ended up in a nice home.

Thanks,
    Mike

Mike,
    Even at two minutes you are too late. I look for something specific and order all in a minutes time. If you want to look a bit then you most likely will not get what ever it is you are intrested in. You have to move quickly!

Chet
    Zinc stinks!

Comment

Last edited by Niedersachsen; 04-18-2004, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chet Sowersby
        If you want to look a bit then you most likely will not get what ever it is you are intrested in. You have to move quickly!Chet
        I made the mistake of actually looking at the pic of the 3/4 eye RK for about 4 seconds before ordering, and still missed it...probably by a mile....

Anyone else noticed that the two VITAL buttons at the bottom of the order page are labeled 'ORDER' and - bizzarely - 'SUBMIT'......'order' sends your request to Detlev, while 'submit' merely erases all the details you've frantically keyed in, and you have to start again.....

NOT VERY HANDY!!! ........
        Last edited by Biro; 04-17-2004, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Biro
          I made the mistake of actually looking at the pic of the 3/4 eye RK for about 4 seconds before ordering, and still missed it...probably by a mile....

Anyone else noticed that the two VITAL buttons at the bottom of the order page are labeled 'ORDER' and - bizarely - 'SUBMIT'......'order' sends your request to Detlev, while 'submit' merely erases all the details you've frantically keyed in, and you have to start again.....

NOT VERY HANDY!!! ........
          I have given up on gettting anything high end there. It is gone before I can ever get to it. I would rather take my time and take a look at something and pay a little more. I like the Steve Wolfe option- although he is higher, he will get something for you and you don't have to do the mad scramble. Who has the time during the day on Friday to wait for the opening bell? Not knocking the guy or his site at all, because obviously he has very good stuff at reasonable prices. We get the more common stuff from Detlev that is still there for a few days. Drew, my son, loves his site and thinks it is the greatest internet site ever. His monthly allowance for chores goes there.

Comment

Hey Tom, just one quick question... ...Who is Steve Wolfe and what is his website address. You ahve peaked my interest.

Thanks!

-Shane

Originally posted by tom hansen
            I have given up on gettting anything high end there. It is gone before I can ever get to it. I would rather take my time and take a look at something and pay a little more. I like the Steve Wolfe option- although he is higher, he will get something for you and you don't have to do the mad scramble. Who has the time during the day on Friday to wait for the opening bell? Not knocking the guy or his site at all, because obviously he has very good stuff at reasonable prices. We get the more common stuff from Detlev that is still there for a few days. Drew, my son, loves his site and thinks it is the greatest internet site ever. His monthly allowance for chores goes there.

Comment

To my knowledge Steve Wolfe does not have a Internet site.

Pascal

Comment

Steve Wolfe is a collector/dealer in CA, who is known for his higher end stuff (and higher prices). Comparing his prices to the german dealers (with the euro difference) it is not much different, with the exception of Detlev Niemann. Steve does not have a site. You just call him up. I can PM his phone number.

Comment

Not to be able to even LOOK at what you're about to buy is really not so good IMHO.

This past friday was the first time I was on line at the moment the site was updated and what I saw happen before my eyes was... well, I can only describe it as feeding frenzy!! The amount of money that changed hands in 10 minutes!!!

Well, I guess I'll get used to it.

All the best
                  Yannis

Comment

...the best is to buy all at 14.00, and send back what you don't like, perhaps than you will have a small chance...

Pieter.
                    SUUM CUIQUE ...
                    sigpic

Comment

To me, this is just a ludicrous way to "collect". Just my opinion

Comment

Are you referring to the "feeding frenzy" buisness or buying from Steve Wolfe? I think buying from Steve makes all the sense in the world for a relative newbie like me, but for someone with years of experience like yourself, it may not be the best as I am sure the thrill of the hunt is probably an appeal to find bargains.

Iowa is still cold, but will welcome you back anytime.

Comment

Tom, I meant the Friday follies. Good stuff is where you find it I guess, and to each his own. I can't help but think that people buy something...anything on those updates just to get the "its yours" notification. Not my cup of tea. Great for Niemann's pocketbook though!

Comment

I think you might be right Andy. When I'm unable to locate what I want on our estand or on one of the other great dealer sites that many of us frequent I try my luck on Detlev's site. More often than not I get the "sorry sold" email which just crushes me!

It's like when you were a kid and that gift you really wanted isn't under the Christmas tree.

But I must say the thrill of the hunt for a badge that you have been looking for is quite exciting!

I'm gonna get me a mint cased spange come hell or high water!

Mike

Originally posted by Andy Hopkins
                            Tom, I meant the Friday follies. Good stuff is where you find it I guess, and to each his own. I can't help but think that people buy something...anything on those updates just to get the "its yours" notification. Not my cup of tea. Great for Niemann's pocketbook though!

Comment

I know that a lot of us get the "Sorry sold" line from Detlevs site. However, it is the thrill of the hunt as many members have sujested. I believe and I think that others will agree that Detlev has good prices when you look around. Also, as other members have said, you can return things if you have a problem. It sounds like a win win situation to me. This situation is kind of like e-stand when you look at it. You have to be in front of the computer when something pops up on e-stand to buy it. A lot of the items I see on e-stand have been sold by the time I log on. It's really is the same thing when you think about it. All I can say is check the update every Friday and pray that you get something.
                              I once flew in a B-17, B-24, & a B-25. Next, I want to fire an 88 round.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X