Junckers RK relative numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tom hansen
    That was part of my original question, Dez. I thought the unmarked neusilber were the first, followed by the 800 unmarked silver crosses. As from Gordon's book, the L/12 would have been stopped as far as production in 1941. This would allow the period of 1941-1944 for unmarked 800 Junckers to be made. If they started marking "2" in l944, yet the shop was bombed in '44, then this would be a rather short production time for the lazy 2 relative to the unmarked 800 stamped Junckers. Is this correct?
    No I do not agree.
    Juncker, made a lot of L/12 marked crosses for retail. These were to be hand over to the governemet after the prohibition of selling the KC.
    95% of the L/12 marked crosses were given out by the governement on official award ceremonies,even more.
    There was probably no immediate need for the production of extra crosses at that time.

The reason we find so often Lazy 2 crosses in mint condition is because the were found in the vault of Schloss Klessheim by the American troops at the end of the war.
    There were even L/12 marked Grand Crosses between them, a proof that Juncker had to turn over their stocks to the governement.

Pieter.
    SUUM CUIQUE ...
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks Pieter and Pascal, it is very nice to hear your views, given your extensive experience in this area.

So if I understand you correctly Pieter, there were enough L/12 crosses initially intended for retail sale, that there was little if any need to make more crosses from 1941-1944, prior to the creation of the lazy 2? So that would imply that most if not all of the 800 only marked Junckers were prior to l941? Also, are you saying that many, or most of the lazy 2s were made, but not awarded, while the majority of L/12s were in fact awarded and not private purchase? If that is correct, it changes the whole relative appeal of the L/12 relaitve to the lazy2 and the unmarked 800 to me. I would much rather have a cross that was, or potentially was, awarded, rather than an unissued one. Thanks
      Last edited by tom hansen; 04-17-2004, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Thanks Pieter and Pascal, it is very nice to hear your views, given your extensive experience in this area.

So if I understand you correctly Pieter, there were enough L/12 crosses initially intended for retail sale, that there was little if any need to make more crosses from 1941-1944, prior to the creation of the lazy 2? So that would imply that most if not all of the 800 only marked Junckers were prior to l941? Also, are you saying that many, or most of the lazy 2s were made, but not awarded, while the majority of L/12s were in fact awarded and not private purchase? If that is correct, it changes the whole relative appeal of the L/12 relaitve to the lazy2 and the unmarked 800 to me. I would much rather have a cross that was, or potentially was, awarded, rather than an unissued one. Thanks
        ...that's what I mean.

Pieter.
        SUUM CUIQUE ...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pieter Verbruggen
          ...that's what I mean.

Pieter.
          Thanks. Thus the information that the 800 L/12 is the most common of the Junckers crosses. Now I get it. Thank you very much for sharing the information. That was confusing to me. Thanks again for the clarification.

Comment

Thanks. Thus the information that the 800 L/12 is the most common of the Junckers crosses. Now I get it. Thank you very much for sharing the information. That was confusing to me. Thanks again for the clarification.
            You are welcome.
            Pieter.
            SUUM CUIQUE ...
            sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X