• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mark
    Attached Files
    Cheers, Frank

Comment

Can someone help me out on these. L/15's and L58's can both have a drop "3" on the obverse? Did they buy their cores from Souval?

Thanks.
      Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

"Did they buy their cores from Souval?"

That's one of the theories.
        George

Comment

Let me throw something very nasty into this thread:

Check the upcoming auction by Zeige, item 283:
          http://www.zeige.com/index2.html

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width=400 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=art-empty height=12></TD></TR><TR><TD class=art-body>A SOUVAL produced RK repro with an L/15 marked oaks and swords repro!
          Question: Was L/15 (or L 15) one of several marks Souval used to attach to his items postwar?
          I have a problem to make the Souval-Vienna-Austria connection to Schickle-Pforzheim-Germany. Just to friggin´far. But Souval-Vienna (apparently using L 15 for post war EKs) in connection with Floch-Vienna (using L 15) is a much easier connection, no?

As I said, I am just throwing this in to be nasty. But it is worth to think about it. I am not sure what to think myself, but isn´t it strange that a vet related L/15 EK1 is so different to the other L 15 marked EK1s?
          And isn´t it on the other hand strange as well that the Souval style L 15 EK1s have a pin setup that resembles Floch´s fake L 15 EK1 setup?

I do not want to upset anybody, but give this some thought, please.
          </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
          Cheers, Frank

Comment

Frank,

That's an interesting clue and it leads to an interesting theory. It's certainly something worth considering in the study of these particular EKs.

As for me, I would only want an "L/15" like the one in posts # 14 and 15. (And I don't have one yet! )
            George

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X