800 marked KC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VonLuger
    Sergey-people here are only trying to help fellow collectors, Why are you defending this repro RK, just because you 'believe this is real' doesn't make it real...did you get burnt?
    Hi VonLuger. I wouldnt to offend somebody. I dont know nothing about originallity of this cross. And it is not a defending... I need only seriuos argues that it is fake and I dont have them.

Comment

Guys, I would know why it is fake and not original KC of unknown maker? ANd for help I need more serious argues than "it is fake because it is fake"

Comment

Sergey; this piece is a fake because the core and beading do not match any known maker marked original piece. That is why I wouldn’t touch this one with a 10 foot pole.

Comment

Sergey that's the trickster's oldest ploy!!

Respectfully, we know what it ISN'T.....So the stories that have been passed around for years play right in to the fraudster's sales pitch...jeweler's copy, museum copy so on!

I suggest your cross is probably 26-27 grms in weight...just like the others of this type that hit the market about 3 years ago!!!

Dave
          Regards,
          Dave

Comment

It isn't one that matches one that is right. That's all the proof one needs.

Comment

I know nothing about RK's but the first thing I thought of was that it does look very Latvian to me in color. They all seem to have that dark black look. But I'm no expert just going by what I have seen in my few days round this forum.

-Shane

Comment

Sergey...coincidence? Not hardley! You can check Ebay any day of the week and find this type...

Have a look at the following pictures.

Dave
                Regards,
                Dave

Comment

Marking!
                  Regards,
                  Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kane
                    Marking!
                    Hi Dave on you photos very close cross but not the same. Different numbers of the date, different mark 800 and different ring. The weight of my cross 30,4g and I must say that its last owner has it in about 30 years.
                    I am agree that it looks not like wellknown types(4, 20, 12, 65...). So I have the question are you sure that every KC must be like well known types and nobody else not made KCs?

Comment

Let's turn the question on YOU Sergey, how much will YOU pay for one that does NOT match any known examples to be REAL?

Comment

The numbers are too fat and flat for it to have been made by any of the known makers. If you want to believe that it's by an unknown maker, be my guest. It sounds like a good research project. Let us know what you find out.
                        George

Comment

So here the conclusion
                          why it is fake:
                          1) It is different from all known marked types
                          2) The patina on the frame looks like on the known fakes.
                          3) it looks very close to fakes on E-bay
                          why it is not fake:
                          1) it hasnt marks of known marked types
                          2) it has right 3 piece construction
                          3) it is not exactly the same like all well known fakes
                          4) it has the weight different from weight of known fakes
                          5) it looks worn
                          6) it has right sizes

Comment

Last edited by Brian S; 03-01-2004, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Oh, in this case I can assert that all known marked crosses are fakes. Why not? What do you think?

I understood that we havent argues that it is fake and havent argues that it is normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergey
                                Oh, in this case I can assert that all known marked crosses are fakes. Why not? What do you think?

I understood that we havent argues that it is fake and havent argues that it is normal.
                                No....we can say that it does not meet the criteria of known originals, but does meet the criteria of known fakes..... (et ego, its a fake !)

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X