kvk 2nd with x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kvk 2nd with x

Not into world cup so gents please could you help me in distiguising the maker on this and is it a good one?
    Can not make it out. 22,38 not sure.Thanks in advance.kn

It looks like '83'

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by robert pierce View Post
      It looks like '83'

Robert
      yes thought that but turn it 90 degrees then it could be 28,23.
      I have studied it and not asking for the sake of it.
      Can not make my minde up.The person i got it of said its 22.

Comment

The Die stippling looks very distinctive.Has any one got the same cross ?

Comment

I rotated that photo 45, 90, and 180 degrees...and that "3" never looked like a "2"....it's definitely an '83'
          I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.....

Comment

I concur thats a 83. Nice one too!

Comment

I do not have much to add other than it is a very nice medal....Congrats!

Comment

Indeed a 83

Comment

Ok gents thank you for you replies.
                  Ok its genuine but lets look at the right arm, the pebbling looks very distinctive look at the dots in a row.
                  Whats your thoughts ??

Comment

I have noticed that in the case of a relief maker mark, the top side of the numbers are to the outside of the ring, just what I have seen though, but this is an "83" as others have said

Comment

Thank you members for taking time out to reply to this thread.
                      83 it is then.

Comment

KVK2s vary enormously in terms of their finish and detail. See below for a few examples, note the colour of the finish, the details in the pebbling, the base materials.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Very nice indeed adrian.Thanks for posting those nice kvks.
                          Excellant pics.
                          kn

Comment

Very nice one there KN !

Over many years I have been trying to set up a list af KvK makers by found numbers etc. ... off of variuos foren and sites - and have not come across this number/maker 83 yet in any type or grade even ! This makes it now 67 makers that produced the KvK w S 2nd class :
                            As Adrian already mentioned - an aray of different finishes and pebbling types . From all awards I would guess one can find the most variations in this one .... including as well different swords shapes, length and handels .... wreaths - flat slanted and curved - ... Swastikas small non touching - half touching and full wreath touching , ... various ring mounts and a dozen or so different types of numbers making up the date : 1939 !

Douglas

Comment

Great stuff,nice to know naw 83 is added to the list as original.
                              Well pleased with that Douglas.
                              kn

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X