Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Eye spange

Hi,

I am new here and I am looking for some help.

I have a post in the firearms section where I have a gun and holster with a Big Eye Spange attatched.

It can be viewed here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=425622

I really need help with a ballpark value of these items.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I do not know much about the value of german firearms, but some closer pics would be needed IMO to give a decent judgement, however that being said, if the prongs were used to attach it and are still attached to the spange you would be lookig at about $200.00 to $250.00 for the spange. If it was glued to the holster considerably less. Just my opinion though.

Comment

If that Spange is removable and in good, complete shape and original, I'd think about $200. Or a bit less. A fellow member had a hard time selling one for that price on the eStand recently, as I recall.

I think it looks pretty cool, but I'd say it was certainly attached postwar by an American trophy hunter -- perhaps even more recently to sex up the set. I highly doubt that any German soldier would have ever attached an EK2 Spange to a holster like that. So I think the story has grown with the telling.

So, on the holster, it might add about $40 to the value of the set. Spange collectors don't want the holster, and gun collectors probably don't want the Spange -- that's just my guess.
      Best regards,
      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

real neat item, I hope it all stays together
        100% authentic spange, but also I echo streptile's comments about value
        regards
        jon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X