hunting/shooting medals ????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hunting/shooting medals ????????

i did not know were to start this i have come across 6 medals have no idea what they are about or what they mean i am unable to post pictures but if anyone can me with what they are and value. i can send pictures if you pm me your e-mail address

regards

aran....

i forgot to say the medals are from 1933 to 37 and have i posted this in the right spot or should i post somwhere else

Comment

anyone out there that can help me

Comment

Hi Aran,

You can upload these photos to a site like photobucket or flickr for free, and then post them here be enclosing the url in these brackets: [IMG] and [/IMG].

Many post photos this way.
        Best regards,
        Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

thanks i will get onto that now and see how i get on

Comment

ok here we go see if it works

[URL=""]
            [URL=""]
            [URL=""]
            [URL=""]
            [URL=""]
            [URL=""]
            [URL=""]
            [URL=""]
            [URL=""]

i hope this works now

regards

aran....
            Last edited by aran; 03-02-2010, 05:35 PM.

Comment

forgot one sorry

[URL=""]

any ideas on value or what they are
              Last edited by aran; 03-02-2010, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Those all seem to be rifle marksmanship medals. There are loads of different ones around, many of them quite beautiful and very military looking. I'll post a few of mine later on. Don't know of anyone who collects these, I pick them up when they're cheap.

Comment

And since one of them sort of looks like a "Cross of the Wehrmacht" I'll leave this thread here unless someone can tell me where it might be appreciated more.
                  George

Comment

2nd place, 1935-36
                    Attached Files

Comment

anyone have an idea of what they are worth.
                      im not looking to sell them yet anyway think ill put them on display for awhile

regards

aran....

Comment

Well they are worth at least silver content.

With ephemera like this the old saying 'They are worth what you paid for them' comes to mind.

Right now these things are cheap as there is no dealer/collector market persay. Which is great if you are the only one collecting them as you can amass a large collection very cheaply, of course this might mean that others will start as well and soon it is not a cheap hobby.

Sort of like collecting vintage photos of WWII, before the days of the internet if was a cheap hobby now it has become expensive with alot of fakes our there.

Comment

can anyone translate this for me please i can not make anyting of it. its on all of the medals is it a name or sumting

schutzen verein zeven

regards

aran...

Comment

The four leaf clover medal with the swastika in post #6 is by far the most interesting. I see that you are from Ireland and I wonder if this set belonged to someone associated with the Irish political faction that was on diplomatic terms with the Nazis in Germany. Ireland remained neutral in WW2 so the Irish weren't actively against the English Crown but they didn't help out the allies either. Here's an quote from this website:

http://thepoormouth.blogspot.com/200...and-reich.html

"The IRA sought to collaborate with the Reich during WWII. IRA Chief of staff Sean Russell whose statue blights a Dublin park (and was decapitated in 2004) died when being returned to Germany by U Boat. The IRA collaboration was more than just a case of my enemy’s enemy” or Finnish co-belligerence, The IRA of the time did adopt a pro Nazi and decidedly anti Semitic stance. apologists who still take a romantic view of the IRA’s past should take note that the “Boys of the old brigade” were happy to get into bed with Hitler."

Any information on where you got this set of medals would have a lot to do with its value, especially to someone interested in the Germany/Ireland relationship during WW2 and the roots of the IRA in that.

I am not a scholar on this issue so pardon me if the facts aren't all in a line...
                            Last edited by AUSGANG; 03-03-2010, 01:29 PM.

Comment

hi ausgang
                              thats realy great bit of information you got there thats someting i didnt relaise
                              about the irish and germany. i picked this up at a fair the weekend it was the medal that looked like the clover that got my attentio i got it off a man from the north of ireland he got it off a man thats father past away thats all i know about it. i cant realy find anyting out about any of the medals on it

thanks for that info

regards

aran....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X