• Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 more pictures :

Douglas
    Attached Files

Comment

Interesting one you post there Douglas.

A known fake postwar frame, but thought to be by Souval, a strange core, and a fake mark thought to be used by Floch.

All in all, a bad cross all the way through.
      Best regards,
      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

A strange combination of two post war makers . ...who made it ? .... or done by a 3rd party .

Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
          A strange combination of two post war makers . ...who made it ? .... or done by a 3rd party .
          Good question -- Both Souval and Johannes Floch were based out of Vienna.

I think that the nefarious activities of the Vienna-based makers and fakers after the war are a lot more complicated than we know at this moment. There was at least some kind of connection (even if it was a "passive" cooperation) between Orth and Floch, as well as between Souval and Orth. Whether the latter relationship was limited to wartime cooperation, or extended to postwar activities, is unknown to me. So some connection between Souval and Floch doesn't strike me as impossible.

Incidentally, this ambiguity is precisely why I do not personally have any Orths, and any Souvals (except those with cores sourced from Maria Schenkl, another Vienna-based maker who is not thought to have been active after the war), in my collection. There is way too much confusion for my taste.

The subject would make a fascinating article.
          Best regards,
          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X