• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverse.
    Attached Files
    George

Comment

hi George,

I post you mine EK2 Juncker pics, but I can not to show you more pics from the Flock"49", because the seller's quickly deleted from the web site.

regards Gabor
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Gabor Tischler; 02-28-2010, 02:09 PM.

Comment

...and mine Juncker reverse......
        Attached Files

Comment

Well .... Adrian's 5 and George's 5 are different . The end of the 5 mainly . One is a straight line and the other has an open ball at the end . Never seen the one Adrian put up but the other 5 type I have seen a few of . The type as George posted can be found with a 'straight back' on the 5 and with a 'slanted' back .

Douglas
          Attached Files

Comment

The brass ring lightly slanted backs on the 5s( on KvK 2nd class with and without swords) and the same straight back 5 on the EK2 ring .

Douglas
            Attached Files

Comment

very good Douglas

I found these pics from an EK2 mm"5" in the last year on the same militaria website. The pics not too good, but not too bad. Please look at these pics......

regards Gabor
              Attached Files

Comment

...the frontside.....
                Attached Files

Comment

...and the reverse....
                  Attached Files

Comment

what's yours opinions who was this cross real marker's?

regards Gabor

Comment

Now just a guess .... that 5 that runs with the ring might be a bit larger (longer ) than 5s that are stamped crossways ??? If you turn that one 90 degrees it would print fully on the ring .
                      Just from appearance I like Adrians 'full body' 5 a lot better .... if it is war time or not - who knows ?

Douglas

Comment

Who made the cross ...... lets take the one George posted . A S&L made cross or a from S&L components assembled cross by someone else , regardless of a confirmed or not confirmed maker mark ...... still a S&L cross .

Douglas

Comment

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure why the '5' mark has to be postwar. As Douglas said, so many little makers sourced parts from S&L and stamped them themselves. Why couldn't this be one?
                          Best regards,
                          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                            Honestly, I'm not entirely sure why the '5' mark has to be postwar. As Douglas said, so many little makers sourced parts from S&L and stamped them themselves. Why couldn't this be one?
                            hi Trevor,

my opinion that the used orig. marker signs in the rings are always same, not always are other types. I show you an orig "5".

At least I do not think that would be too much variation from these numbers.

regards Gabor
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Gabor Tischler; 02-28-2010, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Thank you to all for the contributions so far, it's turning into a useful learning tool.
                              It seems to be only Wernstein and Juncker crosses so far, are there more out there?
                              Interesting to see the Ost medal's incused mark. Can anyone post any other examples of the maker mark '5'?
                              Just for the record I'll post the rest of the cross I opened the thread with.....
                              Attached Files

Comment

Reverse.....
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X