No announcement yet.

Knight's Cross (value)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dietrich, wonderful as usual!! We all recognize that the exchange rate has affected the 'perceived' value of these crosses but the cross I refered to is on the American market and offered by an American dealer...it will sell for that if it hasn't already!

Each time one of these hits a 'threshold' it is bumped a bit the next time...

I'm not at liberty to discuss this 'deal' nor its parties but I was astounded when I heard the sale might go though...

Just like (any) WWII German item...they just keep going up and up....look at a very nice M40 s/d....we old timers scoffed at $200., heck snickered at $250. and NOW they are in the $800. range!

Dave
    Regards,
    Dave

Comment

Thank you gentlemen! Just putting things in perspective.

If somebody here in the USA buys a regular, uncased RK without provenance I can't help it. For sure this is not setting a new market value! Not even close! I would have told Detlev that I have € 10.000,- to spend for a nice, cased Juncker cross (maybe even with provenance) and I would have gotten it sooner or later. It's that simple!

Dietrich
      B&D PUBLISHING
      Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

i agree is it that the price has been decided or raised by such discusions.due to the mine field of fakes the general price rises.i honestly believe the price should be between £2500 and £5000 my view only

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich
          Thank you gentlemen! Just putting things in perspective.

If somebody here in the USA buys a regular, uncased RK without provenance I can't help it. For sure this is not setting a new market value! Not even close! I would have told Detlev that I have € 10.000,- to spend for a nice, cased Juncker cross (maybe even with provenance) and I would have gotten it sooner or later. It's that simple!

Dietrich
          I do not think it is that simple. I emailed him and told him I had the cash and would buy ANY RK he had or was going to get in. Since that time, I have bought three RKs and never recieved any word from Detlev. I am sure he is a busy man and may have lost my email or forgotten. I am spent out for the time being on RKs, but next time may try the approach you have suggested Deitrich. Perhaps if one send the cash in advance, that would secure the item, as they seem to sell minutes after posting.

Comment

I recall 3 beauties offered on the Estand by a really 'stand-up' guy...unfortunately I didn't have the $ at the time but what he offered wereincredible!! Most importantly, he offered these at a fair price...

I believe Detlev bought the L/12 and Kai bought the 4 935 S&L along with Docs etc!!

They SOLD!!! The docs remain with Kai I think but the kicker is that they sold WITH the dealer markup!

Dave
            Regards,
            Dave

Comment

In December of 1997 I purchased my uncased L/12 and original ribbon. The KC was awarded to a day fighter pilot in 1942. I also received a photocopy of the KC holder's preliminary KC document. Looking in my records, I see that I paid $7,000 for it. Looks like my invesment in militaria has again proved to be a better investment than those worthless stocks I pick!
              When you go home
              Tell them for us and say
              For your tomorrow
              We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
              Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X