No announcement yet.

RK juncker marked L/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People just want a Juncker to be a Juncker, with no distractions.

Comment

IF it was really originally marked that way, it would be ..., as im sure the owner thinks...a one of a kind for the mark, and that would make it worth more, but i think the price may also be on the high side right now for the economy. (wich may be a bargain in the future who knows?)

When you can buy a original with nothing unusual as far as marks go,(as leroy says) for much less, maybe half what he wants for this one, I feel thats why many may have passed on this controversial one.

I would venture to bet, that IF this cross was really a first article , or an actual manufacturer L/13 marked RK, ...it makes sense to expect to see others popping up somewhere ....eventually, at least one other has to be in existance.

WE shouldnt think only one was marked that way, but we will see if in the next 10 years , as vets pass on.. ,till theyre all gone...,maybe other examples will surface.

It would be great if someday they found source material documentation, as to what manufacturers crosses were issued ,to wich vets that earned them in records somewhere,if there is such a record.(as germans were known to keep meticulous records).

That would really shake em down id say, and who knows when or if that will happen, but i have seen many changes in opinions ,about items in 4 decades of collecting.

Everyone writing books on the subject are still seeking such records, as that would really change what we theorize presently,. .BUT..., until that time ....we are all still trying to navigate thru a dark area when it comes to these examples that are marked unusually , outside the normally accepted examples.

I like this L/13 personally.

Comment

There are record as to how many RKs were given out each month (and I mean PKZ records). I have them up untill March 41. They - of course - did not record the model of RK given out. What is not known right now (and might never surface since destroyed) are the actual paperwork regarding orders given to the suppliers.

I am 100% convinced that the gentleman giving the RK to the courier for transport to the actual awardee never ever looked at the cross and it was absolutely inconsequential whether it was unmarked, marked L/12, L/52, 2 or 65 or whatever else. They took a box and off it went.
        B&D PUBLISHING
        Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

If I had the money I would buy it. It is a bit pricey but it's unique! Love it or hate it, it's one of a kind and most of all it's
          still a Juncker, L/13 or no L/13.

Regards,
          AB.
          In memory of my Uncle,
          Schtz.Grenadier KARL HOFBAUER,
          2 Kompanie, Inf-Bat, 550.
          Killed in action, Krasnoje, Minsk, 7. Nov. 1942.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewb View Post
            If I had the money I would buy it. It is a bit pricey but it's unique! Love it or hate it, it's one of a kind and most of all it's
            still a Juncker, L/13 or no L/13.

Regards,
            AB.
            Hello!

Yes its original cross ,but if You have it marked with no regular stranger stamp than its like to have damage on it , frinds on forum said three dealers sell it few Years but no one buy it...Why ? because everyone want to have regular pieces in own collection ...RK its not 100 usd ,and when You buy it must be perfect.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X