my first DKiG, heavy Zimmermann cased

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my first DKiG, heavy Zimmermann cased

please let me know if everything is ok with this german cross in gold, maker zimmermann, heavy version.
    weight around 65 g
    Thanks a lot!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by casey76; 10-04-2009, 05:17 AM.

Originally posted by casey76 View Post
    please let me know if everything is ok with this german cross in gold, maker zimmermann, heavy version.

Thanks a lot!
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks a lot!
        Attached Files

Comment

no comments???

Comment

Can you please post close up pictures of the date and the 10 o'clock position of the starburst (looking for the known die flaw). Also, pictures of the case would be nice

Eric

Comment

as I know not all zimmermann gc´s have this flaw on the 10 o´clock position, right? have a look: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...kig+zimmermann

Originally posted by dc9 View Post
              Can you please post close up pictures of the date and the 10 o'clock position of the starburst (looking for the known die flaw). Also, pictures of the case would be nice

Eric

Comment

Casey,

The DKiG referenced in that thread is a "Dotted Date" example (see post #11 and look at the date), which is known to NOT have the starburst die flaw. I do not want to see your thread hijacked with discussions on the "dotted date" version, but there is ongoing debate around this version. Does yours have a dotted date?

According to that thread, (non-dotted date) examples without the starburst die flaw seem to be the rare exception. Maybe your's is one of those. Posting pictures, or just looking at your date on the wreath (as it has a distinctive, progressive die flaw) and that 10 o'clock area of the starburst and do a search on Zimmermann DKiGs and I am sure you'll find plenty of reference examples to compare.

Eric

Comment

As DC9/Eric already have stated, more close up pictures are needed.

Especially of the date and 10 o'clock starburst.

/Flemming

Comment

here some close ups of 10 o clock and date.
                    I hope mr. dietrich maerz will see this thread and give his experts comment. Thanks!

Originally posted by Flemming View Post
                    As DC9/Eric already have stated, more close up pictures are needed.

Especially of the date and 10 o'clock starburst.

/Flemming
                    Attached Files

Comment

here some close ups of 10 o clock and date.
                      I hope mr. Dietrich maerz will see this thread and give his experts comment. Thanks!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Well, Casey, I will go out on a limb here and say you have an interesting piece.

The date looks to have the known die flaw in the numeral "9," but it is clearly without the star burst die flaw. I wonder how many other examples there are out there with this combination...?

I will certainly add this thread to my database.

Casey, if you do get a chance, I would like to see a full shot of the reverse, closeup of the catch, another angle of the date and shots of the case exterior with measurements.

Hope you get some more opinions on this one.

Eric

Comment

I believe mr Hansen stated in old thread somewhere; that Zimmermans come with the flaw and without and considers both (exept for the dotted) as original.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X