A frien came to me with this ;o))

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A frien came to me with this ;o))

I would like to hear you opinions and all comments are welcomme.I don´t now but my feelings says it is a fake one.......... what do you mean.

Core and pin set appear to be CF Zimmerman - unmarked 20 . Corners do not have the high bead count ? Appearance/color looks ok .

Douglas

Comment

its a good EK.1. im just not sure of the maker, correct me if im wrong, but on the obverse I thought it was an S&L, then when I looked at the pin, I thought is was an L/52 or #20. I no expert by far so let me know guys what my mistake is, although I have a good feeling about the cross. I think it is original !

Regards, Les.

Comment

That reverse set up makes me think of the "43" marked buntmetal KVK´s.
        Regards
        Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
        I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

The pin assembly is that of an early Deumer. The block hinge is smooth on the barrels, unlike the serrated type of a CF Zimmermann. And, under the pin next to the hinge, the corner is cut with a radius - not 90 degrees like a CF Zimmermann. The pin is slightly tapered like a Deumer, and slightly rounded at the end. I want to say the obverse is a Deumer, but I need to see clearer images of the inside beading adjacent the swasi to be sure.

Comment

Early Deumer piece.

Regards

Daniel
            Regards
            Daniel

Search:
            !!! all awards with [L/15] mark !!!
            Otto Schickle
            All early 57er pieces

Comment

Good eye Robert : I missed on this one badly . Was not aware of the fine different on the pin set between Deumer and Zimmerman .

Douglas

Comment

I miss my share as well, Douglas. The pin set up is very close to a Zimmermann. And, any time a photo is set at anything other than straight on I get thrown for a loop.

Comment

Its a Deumer for sure, Beading and tell tale radius at pin stop! Nice piece I would love to have!
                  Kevin

Comment

Great patina, dont shine it up.(shows wear almost like the owner was near the ocean)

Comment

Thank you all

for the comments from the experts

juoneen thank`s for the nice words,i can tell you i never shine my crosses up they shall be as they are

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X