EK2 Spange "first pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 Spange "first pattern

Ï found a so called "first pattern" EK2 spange today . Hard to find IMO. Still on a small section of ribbon. The scan has made it look a lot brighter? This looks very close to the L/57 style but with flat prongs and a slight scallop to the edge. Very delicate/thin contstruction.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sammler; 05-03-2009, 06:07 PM.

Rev

The scans make it look much brighter?
    Attached Files

Comment

hi
      have you got a better/closer pic of the obverse to be 100% sure?
      regards
      jon

Comment

The scan or picture may not help much , I am quite pleased with it.
        Attached Files

Comment

to be 100% sure it's authentic, a closer pic is needed
          there are good reproductions of this style, and IMO this looks like one...
          regards
          jon

Comment

Basedon these pictures this one does not look to good.
            The feather under the wings looks totally wrong IMHO.

But that could all change of course, if we get better pictures.

/Flemming

Comment

Hi,

Nice!

Did you get this at the recent ASMIC show? I decided not to go...I guess I should have!

Gary B
              ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

you can tell this is good from these pics? how?
                regards
                jon

Comment

I definitely wouldn't but this one.

The head looks nothing like any original Boerger clasp, and even with these pics it is VERY obvious :-)

Apart from that these prongs are not what one might expect on this clasp, the 4-prong version had round brass wire-pins.

Comment

First post says, "close" to L/57 so why would it be judged as the same construction/spange then? Thanks for stating the obvious.

I have NEVER seen this style before. Seen them all? hardly....If there are fakes of this DESIGN STYLE by all means post them.
                    <O</O
                    <O</O
                    <O</OI like every material construction and frosting aspect of it , You guys should also look at EARLY EK's as example for different designs in standardization in regards to one piece/three piece, magnetic/non magnetic Etc. I cant begin on how many perfectly original and scarce items were dismissed on those same lines.
                    <O</O
                    <O</O
                    Again, I have not encountered one of these types before. Show me the other fakes of this one. Would be valuable to all. Thanks <O</O
                    Last edited by Sammler; 05-18-2009, 07:52 AM. Reason: font

Comment

I compared it with an L/57 because there are no clasps known that are so similar to L/57 clasps.

So what do you mean by: thanks for stating the obvious" ??
                      Btw: most L/57 clasps have scalloped edges......

If you are happy with it, fine with me.
                      I have never seen this clasp before, and I have seen a lot of clasps over the past year.

No, I don't have an example of this "fake" (yet) .

But someone is always the first to buy, so time will tell.

It's always nice to get a response like this when you don't like an item posted, it leads to nice and clear discussion
                      Last edited by ben bijker; 05-11-2009, 11:30 AM.

Comment

So are you strictly a "KEYBOARD COLLECTOR " in this past year as well or beat the floor at some shows to?

So I am the "first" probably wont be the last. If I can use the quote of another member "enjoy the hobby "

Seriously have at it, if generates good discussion great.

Comment

Forgive me for the typo, I am glad it made you laugh.

I have been collecting for almost 30 years now, and switched to ek's and clasps several years ago.

I am MAINLY a keyboard collector (.....) but go to shows from time to time as well.
                          But building a good network is more important then going to shows, at least for me.

And you are right, if you are the first, you won't be the last.
                          If you search for " Souval clasp" you will be amazed by the number of times this well-known fake has been posted for authentication.

There are not many companies that made the 1st type clasp, most likely 3 or 4
                          at most.
                          These clasps have been posted more then once on this forum.

But maybe you can post a better and clearer pic, perhaps I will change my mind.

Comment

That sounds great, please post a Souval fake for me. Thanks

Comment

Souval:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=Souval+spange

And far more common and more often encountered: Floch :

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...t=Floch+spange

And the most common ek2 clasp fake:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...t=souval+clasp

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X