Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DKiG 20 Reproduction or variant?

Hello Everyone,

I post this picture of a "Zimmerman 20" DKiG for confirmation as to whether it is fake or real.

I have looked through my library of reference books, Seba's section on this website, Gordon's site..... I searched the archives and have seen no pictures showing an original Zimmermann with a hinge and catch combination like this... so I'm suspect. So my last effort is confirmation from the professional collectors within this forum.

I will request better pictures from owner if members wish. I suspect I know what the answers will be.....bring it on.

Thank you in advance,

E
    Attached Files

The rivet at the 12 o'clock postiion is different to the others.

Not a Zimmermann DK I would like to own,

Comment

Me neither.
      George

Comment

Hi,

It has a non-smooth numbered wreath profile - is this one of the earlier, heavy types? I can't remember which type of wreath they had. It's certainly not correct for the common later type.

Regards
        Mike K
        Regards
        Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

The points I don’t like about this DK are:

The domed rivet in the 12 O’clock position is different from the others.
          The catch and hinge are not on separate, recessed, plates as found on “classic” Zimmermann’s. i.e. on my original Zimmermann the C catch is not part of the backing but attached to a plate which is slightly recessed into the reverse.
          From the crappy picture it is too hard to tell with the date and wreath, better pictures of these would reveal more points,

The way the fakes of these are going we would really need digital weights and measurements as well to say one way or the other. To me I wouldn’t touch this piece even if it turned out to be original, I’d much prefer a classic Zimmermann DK with all the points and features of this quality manufacture, the piece will speak for itself and needs to explanation or stories.

Comment

DKiG

Originally posted by Dez H
            The points I don’t like about this DK are:

The domed rivet in the 12 O’clock position is different from the others.
            The catch and hinge are not on separate, recessed, plates as found on “classic” Zimmermann’s. i.e. on my original Zimmermann the C catch is not part of the backing but attached to a plate which is slightly recessed into the reverse.
            From the crappy picture it is too hard to tell with the date and wreath, better pictures of these would reveal more points,

The way the fakes of these are going we would really need digital weights and measurements as well to say one way or the other. To me I wouldn’t touch this piece even if it turned out to be original, I’d much prefer a classic Zimmermann DK with all the points and features of this quality manufacture, the piece will speak for itself and needs to explanation or stories.
            Thank you gentlemen,

Once again filed for reference under Reproduction.

I apologize for the quality of the pictures. I thought it was a reproduction but I am still learning, so I had to ask the question - (after I performed my own research). I just wanted to be sure.

thank you

E

Comment

Hi,

I agree with all said Dez, but only for notice there are Zimmermann too - sure early types and not sure in late ones but probably -with catch not attached to a plate but directly to the star, but the catch looks totally another then showed in this cross.

ivan

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Originally posted by IVAN
                Hi,

I agree with all said Dez, but only for notice there are Zimmermann too - sure early types and not sure in late ones but probably -with catch not attached to a plate but directly to the star, but the catch looks totally another then showed in this cross.

ivan

Any chance of finding a picture of the type of catch you describe?

E

Comment

Hi!

Please look at this thread! Here is such an early Zimmermann Ivan wrote about.
                  http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=11892

Cheers

Gerd

[

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X