Eki #5 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deemed by deitrich maerz to be the fake 5 marked RK

Heres the one deitrich says is fake for a shot of the different 5. there was another one of these at The SOS. (only 2 have ever been seen, Id think there were more around in circulation if fakes) has anybody ever seen a 5 marked RK outside the forum posts i made a few months ago ? Could this be a floch or are we all going floching crazy.
    Last edited by juoneen; 03-23-2009, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Wouldnt it be weird if the 5 marked floch crosses like this deemed as post war RK here became collectible and worth a lot in the future , for people who study the history of the fake crosses that floch made to prosper post war or marked after? Stranger things have happened. I know i see more souvaals than flochs if this really is one, in RKs post war made, so maybe these few examples someday may be more collectible in their own right ? Thats how we collect , we save stuff till it becomes scarce, and then break em out later when all are absorbed into the collectors hoards. My 2 cents worth anyway.
      Many vets serving in the german occupation brought home flochs ill bet and souvaal's if they were in germany for many years from 45 on. They wouldnt know the difference, a cross is a cross to those guys.
      Everybody wanted a cross to take home that was into souveniers, and if a vet said he got it in ww2, he might not differentiate between occupation and actual fighting till 45 as the end of the war, if he stayed to serve in the occupation, and didnt go home for a few years . might have ended up with a ringer and just never knew it. I wonder if anyone ever got a 5 marked Ek1or 2 from a vet?? If so that may be a possible senario.

Comment

Just for the sake of gathering images of EKs marked with a '5', here is my example, the makers mark is shown in post #17.
        It's an S&L, 2nd core, 2nd frame.........Douglas.........?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Adrian; 03-24-2009, 02:30 AM.

Comment

Reverse....
          Attached Files

Comment

I just noticed that Jamie Cross has a cased EKI marked 5 in last Wednesdays update.

AND .............. he has a story to explain why!!!!
            Last edited by reichenberg; 03-24-2009, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X