Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuckyLuudje View Post
    That was the third time
    I know, but obviously it still ain't clear to everyone.....
    So it will not be the last time I guess
    (or maybe it will)

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
      Interesting thing these 5s ...... there are 3 different styles I have seen sofar .
      Only found sofar one of the 2 I have . Was for sale some time ago .

Douglas
      Here's one for you Douglas, on an S&L style cross.
      I'm not sure, I think I read somewhere that these marks might be post war applied. If only Ben was around to give his opinion.........
      Attached Files

Comment

What the cross looks like it is on .
        Nice EK II but a Floch fake, too.

Regards

Daniel
        Regards
        Daniel

Search:
        !!! all awards with [L/15] mark !!!
        Otto Schickle
        All early 57er pieces

Comment

Originally posted by WEISNER View Post
          Hey Robert! Good to see you posting!!! Is your Wiedmann a wide frame? Just wondering as it looks like it in the photo? Nice example!
          Kevin
          Kevin,

The Wiedmann flanges are a bit wider than most, but the overall width remains 44mm.

I agree with Daniel, a Floch fake cross.

Comment

Yes Robert and Daniel ; The cross this 5 is on - is a fake , I am aware of this , ...just to show the cross that this peticular type of 5 stamp was on . It matches Adrians . So did Floch buy these different crosses and ad the 5 to the ring then - if this was his 5 stamp ??? Or is there someone out there arbitrarly stamping unmarked crosses and just happen to get an unmarked Floch ???

Douglas

Comment

It would make sense, yes, especially if we keep seeing the '5' on the same cross, Douglas. I'll do some more searching in my fake files for a different cross with a '5' stamping.

Comment

Yes Robert and Daniel ; The cross this 5 is on - is a fake , I am aware of this , ...just to show the cross that this peticular type of 5 stamp was on . It matches Adrians . So did Floch buy these different crosses and ad the 5 to the ring then - if this was his 5 stamp ??? Or is there someone out there arbitrarly stamping unmarked crosses and just happen to get an unmarked Floch ???

Douglas
                Maybe this cross will answer some questions.
                Sold at the same time by the same Dealer.
                Attached Files

Comment

Or is there someone out there arbitrarly stamping unmarked crosses and just happen to get an unmarked Floch ???

Douglas
                  That was my thought too as the most likely scenario. Floch produced no end of fake EK2s so probably had enough of his own to stamp without buying anymore in specially to stamp but I guess we might never know for sure.

Comment

Or this one.
                    And I have many more pictures in my files
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian View Post
                      That was my thought too as the most likely scenario. Floch produced no end of fake EK2s so probably had enough of his own to stamp without buying anymore in specially to stamp but I guess we might never know for sure.
                      I can't agree more.

But all these mm5, mm8's, mm2's, mm92's and I probably forget some of them all come from the same source.
                      Maybe that Dealer or his supplier doesn't know the difference between a Floch copy and a wartime ekand just stamp them?
                      If it was his supplier, than I can't understand why he didn't notice all the same stamps on different ek2's.
                      And it is not only the ek2's.
                      But also the KvK2's and Ostmedals and so on.

Comment

Luud,

The last cross you just posted looks like an original '75'.

Comment

Originally posted by robert pierce View Post
                          Luud,

The last cross you just posted looks like an original '75'.
                          To me It doesn't look like it, IMO it WAS an umarked mm75

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLuudje View Post
                            To me It doesn't look like it, IMO it WAS an umarked mm75
                            Exactly.

Comment

I see that you didn't get rusty Robert, it's like riding a bike....

Just checked my files,also the mm85 all come from the same source.

I only wish that Ben would jump in to give his opinion about these mm5's

Comment

Luud,

I just got lucky.

Makes my gutt ache to see all of these nice unmarked crosses postwar stamped.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X