No announcement yet.

Zimmerman horde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So anyone care to confirm whether Barrys EK2 core (wrongly listed on his site as an EK1 core) from the 'Zimmerman horde' is even a Zimmerman?

The '3's in both dates do not look particularly Zimmerman to me...

Obverse

Reverse

Comment

I don't have Zimmermann EK-2, but here is the date on double marked EK-1, ...looks very similar, ...any one have Zimmerman EK-2?
      Something else to note about the cores, all '39 cores EK,RK and '39GC are die struck, but 1914GC core is cast iron, which is an earlier technology and most likely was done before the institution of '39 awards.
      Attached Files

Comment

I was dubious when I first saw high end stuff coming out of this horde
        but I believe it now. It seems much more likely that high end, and unfinished stuff, were 'left behind' together, forgotten, in boxes or whatever
        Barry told me he bought about 80pounds worth of this Zimmermann 'rubble', and most of it was unrecognizable. And yes, it was at the site of the Zimmermann factory apparantly...
        regards
        jon

Comment

Marshall> Have pics of a 20 marked EKII on file and it looks like a match to the "EKI" core. Do not know where the pics came from so i can not put it here. Wonder if Barry was sleepy when he wrote the description?

Comment

Marshall> Have pics of a 20 marked EKII on file and it looks like a match to the "EKI" core
            Yeah - my apologies... I'm getting my 'Fritz' and my 'CF' Zimmermans mixed up.

I never had a problem with the concept of the Zimmerman horde either - the recently surfaced rusted RK's were undeniably Zimmerman - but throw a few 1939 Grand Crosses, an exceptionally rare Prinzen EK2 and - unbeleivably - now a 1914 Grand Cross into the mix and I think one could be forgiven for raising an eyebrow.

As far as I'm concerned though, the find is still entirely credible.

Marshall

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 13 users online. 0 members and 13 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X