Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if we're all not 100%, then the safe side is to condemn
    you'll only get the same trouble if/when you sell
    although I still think it's good, possibly cleaned up which makes it look a little newish...

Ben, you think those other two I showed are bad also?
    regards
    jon

Comment

Ben, you think those other two I showed are bad also?
      regards
      jon[/quote]

Jon, if you compare the heads of the 2 you posted, you see a number of differences:
      The eye
      The beak
      The neck-feathers.

We all know these clasps are not too hard to reproduce as being 1 - piece.

Based on your pics I would pass on the second clasp.

Best regards,
      Ben

Comment

Originally posted by ben bijker View Post
        The main problem is, that many advanced collectors are no longer active on WAF, and that is a shame.
        Best regards,
        Ben
        Not to crash this but, i'm wondering why this is? I'm new here. Seems like a wealth of information. Just curious.

Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Military nut View Post
          Not to crash this but, i'm wondering why this is? I'm new here. Seems like a wealth of information. Just curious.

Ryan
          Hi Ryan,

there are several reasons for it.
          Sometimes an ego problem gets in the way (member versus moderator for example)
          Sometimes they leave because the degree of politeness on the forum is dropping (members responding very rude if their items get )
          and several other reasons.
          WAF is not the same anymore as a few years ago, some older members decide to move on.

@Giel: why do you call the Prinzen an L/15?
          Do you have reason to believe it is?
          I thought the maker of that Prinzen was still unknown...

Best regards,
          Ben

Comment

what L/15 prinzen?
            regards
            jon

Comment

Originally posted by ben bijker View Post
              Hi Ryan,

there are several reasons for it.
              Sometimes an ego problem gets in the way (member versus moderator for example)
              Sometimes they leave because the degree of politeness on the forum is dropping (members responding very rude if their items get )
              and several other reasons.
              WAF is not the same anymore as a few years ago, some older members decide to move on.

@Giel: why do you call the Prinzen an L/15?
              Do you have reason to believe it is?
              I thought the maker of that Prinzen was still unknown...

Best regards,
              Ben
              Ben this is unfortunate if it is true. As a new collector looking for quality people to help WAF has been very important to me thus far, at least this early. I hope people can put that ego aside, but I know it's not always that easy.

Ryan

Comment

Prinzen

Ben

I told him that it was, Giel my mistake, I thought without looking that the filled back was the L/15. Please accept my apology for this mistake. Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Military nut View Post
                  Ben this is unfortunate if it is true. As a new collector looking for quality people to help WAF has been very important to me thus far, at least this early. I hope people can put that ego aside, but I know it's not always that easy.

Ryan
                  don't worry ,,they gone be back.

on the imperial its even extremer,,( old high profile always there ) members are disappearing from the planet.

newer members attacking the old at the slightest sign off criticism on there presented items
                  more then usual the last Year,,,, i saw it on some threads.
                  and somehow,,,,the mood on WAF is ,,,(strange)

but in the end ,,,it cant be all the time a high son .

a storm is brewing
                  but it has to be over someday

Comment

Originally posted by kay bunnecke View Post
                    don't worry ,,they gone be back.

I seriously doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by CMSgt View Post
                      Ben

I told him that it was, Giel my mistake, I thought without looking that the filled back was the L/15. Please accept my apology for this mistake. Jim

There you go Ben

I also found this a nice comparison made by Thomas Bendixen between his and mine ek2 clasp.
                      Attached Files
                      Kind regards,
                      Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

@Giel, I am still not convinced by these pics, I have made my point in
                        post #10.
                        There are too many flaws and differences that have not been explained (yet)

It's an early clasp, 1 of (as Jon says) 2 different 1st patterns.
                        How many clasps were made in this die to cause these kind of flaws and the wear to the die?
                        They must have used a very soft metal for the die, unless a horde of a couple of thousand clasps turns up someday.

Deumer is the most commonly encountered clasp, and most of them don't have flaws at all, although the majority comes from the same die.

@Jim: don't worry, to me that is not a problem at all.
                        I was just wondering wether I had missed some new info.

@Jon: it's about the other clasp in Giel's add, the Prinzen fom the unknown maker.

Best regards,
                        Ben

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X