• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your KC

hello!
    CAN YOU SEND ME SOME PICTURES
    FROM YOUR KC ?
    I HAVE ONE KC FROM K&Q IN MY COLLECTION THIS KC COME DIRECTLY FROM THE WINNER.

Below are some pictures of my K&Q KC. Hope these help.
    Scott

http://images.andale.com/f2/117/113/...5scott7rev.jpg
    CSP

sigpic

Comment

WOW!!!

Scott thats great. Man, does it have the I've been there look. Is that a Iron Cross ribbon?

Comment

Bill:
        Yes, whomever was awarded it chose this method of attachment. Not uncommon to use an EK II ribbon. This guy obviously was intent on this technique. I have a few leads as to who may have owned this piece...most likely culpret is von Sponeck, but provenance is not enough to say for sure. Thanks, it is a neat piece.

Scott
        CSP

sigpic

Comment

HELLO SCOTT !!

I JUST RECEIVED YOUR NICES PICTURES.
          WHAT MARVELLOUS KC YOU HAVE!!!!!!!!
          THEY ARE NO QUESTIONS IN MY MIND.
          ALL ARE PERFECT. ALL KC FROM K&Q (ORIGINAL ONE OF COURSE )ARE EXACTLY THE SAME THAT YOUR ,MINE OR LIKE THE SAMPLE IN THE WEBSITE.
          YOUR RIBBON ARE SO FANTASTIC.
          IF YOU ARE INTERESTED TO CONTACT ME I SEND YOU ME E-MAIL ADRESS AND I CAN SEND YOU SOME PICTURE FROM MY KC THIS ONE COME A PILOTE WHO STILL ALIVE AND I HAVE ALL HIS STUFF WITH DOCUMENT AWARDS AND PHOTO ALBUM.
          I AM FRENCH AND I LIVE IN PARIS.
          WHAT DO YOU COLLECTED?
          DISTRACO@WANADOO.FR

Comment

Bonsoir Alain,

Si tu me montres la tienne, je te montre la mienne... mais ce n'est pas une 65.

Blague mise à part, je serai heureux que tu m'envoies des photos de ta RK.

A bientôt,

Michel
            Ohne Seemacht, keine Weltmacht !

Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=522068

Always interested by Kriegsmarine headgear, uniform and U-Boot related items.

Comment

.v Sponek?

I wonder if your "culprit" could be possible! He got his Cross in Sept. 41. Is this a little early for a K&Q. This is what is bugging me as I recall Andy suggesting that K&Q made their appearance in '44. Just curious and not at all suggesting anything else...only if you would like to give it to me I could continue the research!

Comment

Hi, actually I think KQ crosses TEND to be later war pieces from my experience, but there are ones awarded earlier as well. I don't think you can say "...from 1944 onward" though

Comment

I really have no basis beyond a wild guess on von Sponek - and it is a weak guess only, based on some scant information when I purchased it 20 years ago. If K&Q's are late war, would not make sense then. No big deal as there is zero chance of ever knowing who was awarded this one.
                  Thanks
                  Scott
                  CSP

sigpic

Comment

Andy and Scott...I wonder if there is anyone out there who will suggest a "start" date for K&Q crosses to hit the award supply. I guess it was after the "L" was dropped and all went to #'S. But, I'm getting out of my league.

Comment

I think the K&Qs were around from the very beginning,but the 65 marked pieces are late.

I know of a number of KCs in a private collection, still in the card storage box, with an LDO seal (broken now of course) stating that they are imperfect and not to be sold. The crosses all have a fault in the eye for the suspension loop, but get this, are marked L/26 for K&Q. These are the only real LDO marked K&Qs I have ever known about, but must have been pre-41.

Gordon

Comment

Gordon:
                        Interesting piece of information. Thanks. Was the L/26 marked under the reverse loop as the 800 is on (what we seem to be saying are) the later war crosses? or did K&Q always mark their suspension loops with their number?
                        CSP

sigpic

Comment

post deleted!! I wonerer why?

Hello and please don't bar me but, I'm wondering why my post in retort to Mr. Williamson's post regarding K&Q "seconds" was removed. My question then and now is HOW could several completed crosses that were sub-standard be packaged up, including box, ribbon and outer carton end up in a collection with the admonishment "do not sell" or something to that effect !
                          Seba what's going on here. My thought was why finish them rather than just throw them in the junk pile and THEN why pack them up.....
                          Bill W.

Comment

huh? Deleted? Um, I don't know. We had some data loss when we moved over to the new server on 3-16, and I made an announcement about it,

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...php?forumid=21

That's most likely where it went. Sorry for the inconvenience, please re-post.

Seba
                            Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

Oh yes..thanks! I forgot about that. No problem here.
                              Bill

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X