RK with oak and diamonds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK with oak and diamonds

i have found this RK on internet auction site....I´m not sure if its good, but i have my doubts.

more pics

Comment

Thanks to javi_e for posting this interesting piece.

The cross is our old friend, the Rounder, and the OS&B are a casting of an S&L set of O&S with stones added.

I hope no one will fall for this

Comment

Crapola........
        Seiler

Comment

if you have a look thru some old threads, you will see this set turn up a few times, must be quite a few out there!!
          sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Would be fine as a place-filler. But this is not the real deal.

/Flemming

PS Happy new year to all of you nice people

Comment

price for the carton?
              SUUM CUIQUE ...
              sigpic

Comment

Do you like this carton, Pieter?

Comment

what can I say based up on such a picture, it's even difficult when you have them on hands.
                  Pieter.
                  SUUM CUIQUE ...
                  sigpic

Comment

Who knows?
                    Attached Files

Comment

...the man who made them...
                      Pieter.

PS.but I've never handled "slip over carton" like the ones you posted that I liked.

What do you think about the ones you posted?
                      SUUM CUIQUE ...
                      sigpic

Comment

Pieter,
                        Some think that the only type of "good" carton for a Juncker RK is the two-piece box (separate top, separate bottom) and I believe the two- piece kind is associated with crosses found at Klessheim. I know Bob Hritz obtained a couple of these from vets (although I don't know if Bob's vets got them at Klessheim) and these are the only type he trusts.
                        As you know, Gordon illustrates in his book the type shown on the left in my post, with the wider spacing between the cross designation lines and the address, and with certain particular "off-setting" of letters and a particular type of number font. The carton on the right in my post, although the space between top and bottom lines is different, has the exact same lettering and font characteristics. The one on the left contained a case with brass-plated magnetic hardware and correct construction, non-glowing interior, which I BELIEVE was a real case.
                        It's my opinion that the cartons I posted could very well be real, although I am at a loss as to how to further authenticate them. I will PM you one other characteristic about them which is interesting.
                        Regards,
                        Leroy

Comment

I agree with you that the 2 piece Juncker outer carton are for the later ones "lazy" 2 found at Klessheim. I also believe they were the standart outer cartons for the end of the war as I have a exactly the same one for K&Q.

I strongly believe that the earlier Juncker cartons are the slip overs as you posted, but as of to day I 've never handled one that makes me believe it's real.

Pieter.
                          PS your PMinfo is correct
                          SUUM CUIQUE ...
                          sigpic

Comment

Please take a look http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...36#post6268236

Thanks Thomas

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X