No announcement yet.

RK outer carton thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 'C' I could dismiss and account for, the 6 however well spotted(In fact well bloody spotted) and can't with as much knolwedge and conviction , although (As to my eyes they are very different indeed)......normally I'd be liberal on such things and there are multitudes of reasons for this (printing elemnets and methods used/tools etc more than anything)...but when it's your own, I tend to be harder on the opinion & critical as it's easy to 'want' it to be good than not. This carton has lived in a fake box for the last two years, but couldn't put it on the fakes forum without knowing for sure, further investigation and the odd e mail has made me think it's ok.

I've been over this with toothcomb and missed that, perhaps I've missed some other contributing factor

There are alot of experts on here and guys that own such, so far they've neglected to comment.....perhaps your observations will encourage them to respond too. 'I'm convinced it's genuine', may put people off......but don't let it.

I'm not going to be upset if it's deemed futher to be fake ......I'd be more concerned with the implications of the ability to fake such several years ago, more than anything.

I still thinks she ok though, but more than willing to hear others opinons. I've just been educated on the 6.....what else, what other comments can be said ???

Are there any other cartons on this forum like this or type of we can look at ?

Kr

Marcus
    Last edited by MH184; 06-12-2005, 10:11 AM.

Comment

please do a study of the different printing techniques used from the books Gutenberg in the 15th ct to modern printing methods and you will discover that just because one thing is printed, it doenst mean that two copies will be exactly the same. Especially for over 60 years ago. You will also notice that a plate or similar will change over time and those used today can only be used a very short period of time(one day).

I dont think you have to worry about your carton.

Comment

Outer Carton for Juncker RK

Hi guys

I'm bringing this old thread up the top because I last week secured an outer Juncker carton that matches Marcus' piece. Has there been shed any new light on these? I have searched thoroughly through WAF and Google and it seems this is only the fourth to surface.

The box dosen't react to UV light and IMO the lettering is not made with an inkjetprinter.

Hope you like it?

Kr. Thomas
        Attached Files

Comment

I like it Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom, for your responce, negative responces are also welcome with or without explanations

Kr. Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Bendixen View Post
              Thanks Tom, for your responce, negative responces are also welcome with or without explanations

Kr. Thomas

Hey Thomas,

How's the family, good I hope, mate. Damn, if I'd have know Thomas I might have sold you mine. Alas, I have nothing more to validate or indeed invalidate these cartons, at all. I am still own mine and I'm comfortable with it.

We all know who owns the example in Gordon's book and I did converse with him regarding my carton. However, I will say, I would like to see further pictures of the ''book'' example and compare it with mine in the respect of the ''flaps'' and one or two other aspects, too. It is only perhaps then, I will feel content.

Kind regards,

Marcus
              Last edited by MH184; 02-02-2014, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Do we have exact dimensions of these? Might be nice to have a record of those.

Comment

Hi Marcus, thanks for your response, it has been a while since we met at Frank Heukemes! All well here and I hope the same for you.

I don't know who owns the one in Gordon's book but it would be nice to get a new scan instead of comparing with a old picture, is there any provenance on that piece?

About buying yours I don't think you could compete with the price I paid for mine which was 20 euros :-)

If this is a fake, wouldn't we have seen more than four or five examples? Doesn't make sence to tool up with a cutter and a printing machine and then make very few.

Kr. Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
                    Do we have exact dimensions of these? Might be nice to have a record of those.
                    Marcus posted them in post 1 and mine are the same execpt that I can only measure the width to 7,4 mm. which is 0,1 mm less that Marcus' carton.

Kr. Thomas
                    Last edited by Thomas Bendixen; 02-02-2014, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Thanks, Thomas! I didn't go all the way back and re-read.

Comment

Here are some old shots of mine.

I still have it.

Allan
                        Attached Files
                        Looking for information on RKT KARL HUBER
                        Stoßtruppführer AufKlAbt 20 (mot.)

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'

Comment

Thanks.

Allan
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Allan, thanks for posting. What I like about your shoebox type is that it has the same style 6 as on the Juncker EK1 outer carton.

What is your opinion on my cigarbox type? Have you seen many of these? Why make a fake cigarbox when you could copy the more accepted shoebox type?

Kr. Thomas

PS: Would love to see your Lazy 2 in hand one day and compare it to my slightly worn piece.

Comment

Hi Marcus, thanks for your response, it has been a while since we met at Frank Heukemes! All well here and I hope the same for you.

I don't know who owns the one in Gordon's book but it would be nice to get a new scan instead of comparing with a old picture, is there any provenance on that piece?

About buying yours I don't think you could compete with the price I paid for mine which was 20 euros :-)

If this is a fake, wouldn't we have seen more than four or five examples? Doesn't make sence to tool up with a cutter and a printing machine and then make very few.

Kr. Thomas
                              All good here, too. We will have to catch-up, mate. I think I have one or two more daughters than yourself now; I've been busy

Good grief and bl**dy hell! No, erh, I don't think I could compete with that price I'm thinning out the collection, but not selling out, anyway.

Yes, I believe there is provenance with the other carton - that is IF I recall correctly - and the owner is of course Pieter Verbruggen.

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

Hi Allan, thanks for posting. What I like about your shoebox type is that it has the same style 6 as on the Juncker EK1 outer carton.

What is your opinion on my cigarbox type? Have you seen many of these? Why make a fake cigarbox when you could copy the more accepted shoebox type?

Kr. Thomas

PS: Would love to see your Lazy 2 in hand one day and compare it to my slightly worn piece.
                                Hi Thomas,

To be honest the only 'cigarbox' type case I have seen is the one in Gordons book.

I have a Juncker & S&L shoebox type case for the RK, and I know that K&Q produced the shoebox type to.

About 3 or 4 years ago a British dealer had on his website about 5 of the same type of case as yours, all supposd to have come from the factory. But the factory was bombed, destroyed in 1944. Doesn't mean to say cases could not have been salvaged?

Maybe one day we will meet up and show off our Lazy 2's, and micro dots, and L/12..........

Allan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X