• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry to hear that..

I wish you all the best.
    Regards, Alex

Comment

Hi James, I am sorry to hear that you have got yourself in a bit of a financial mess. It is all too easy to do. But you are young and have acknowledged you have a problem. By doing that you are already starting to "get better". Collecting can become an addiction just as much as drink or drugs.

I feel that you might have gotten in over you head by wanting to "play with the big boys". Please understand, I don't say this in a nasty way. I am sure many of us dream about wanting to own these high end items. But you have to ensure that you only live the dream if you can afford it. I would love to own a RK, but I simply do not have the spare cash to own one.

I have collected for 32 years now. I can get just as much a thrill out of buying a humble tinnie as I can buying a very expensive item. The history of the item is what matters most.

You might have learnt a valuable lesson that will stand you in good stead for the rest of your life. Learn from it and move on.

I wish you all the best and take care.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thank you adrian, I feel such an idiot though, anyway, more items are still going for sale on the e-stand, please go take a look, im adding new pictures

James M

Comment

Sorry to read this Don , I hope all will be well soon.
          I would love to won a RK and look with a degree of lust at DN site every Friday - for me it is just too much and addiction - I know what its like .

Comment

Hang in there James...it must be doubly hard for you after having to quickly sell that K&Q KC you briefly owned a while back, things will improve I'm sure.
            All the best
            Steiner63

Comment

Don't give up James! It is easy to want to try and catch up with the top end collectors but not many of us can do it for many reasons. The worst thing you can do is overspend and get into debt over your hobby.
              Collect within your means, don't go for the high end items from the start, learn and study the lower end items. I would dearly love a Knight(')s Cross but accept that at the moment I can neither afford or justify owning one so I chose to learn about EK2s, build a decent collection and I am happy doing it.
              Pick an area that you can collect and study without leaving yourself short, don't take out loans or borrow money for your hobby as it will invariably end in more debt and misery for you. Try and earn a bit extra where you can and use it as a hobby fund. I have a good little side line that gives me extra money that I helps me out with my purchases. Take a break over Christmas, think about things and try and identify where you want to go and come back in the New Year with a direction to take your hobby.
              Don't forget, there are many of us here who will be pleased to offer advice and help you out where we can.
              Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian View Post
                Don't give up James! It is easy to want to try and catch up with the top end collectors but not many of us can do it for many reasons. The worst thing you can do is overspend and get into debt over your hobby.
                Collect within your means, don't go for the high end items from the start, learn and study the lower end items. I would dearly love a Knight(')s Cross but accept that at the moment I can neither afford or justify owning one so I chose to learn about EK2s, build a decent collection and I am happy doing it.
                Pick an area that you can collect and study without leaving yourself short, don't take out loans or borrow money for your hobby as it will invariably end in more debt and misery for you. Try and earn a bit extra where you can and use it as a hobby fund. I have a good little side line that gives me extra money that I helps me out with my purchases. Take a break over Christmas, think about things and try and identify where you want to go and come back in the New Year with a direction to take your hobby.
                Don't forget, there are many of us here who will be pleased to offer advice and help you out where we can.
                Good Luck.

I agree 100% with adrian , take it easy for a bit & good luck from me also

Comment

Man the amount of support im getting from people is superb!

I think, after the new year, when im hopefully sorted, ill set myself a goal, and take as long as i need to do it.

Ive always wanted to own every single maker of the ek2, but, this would take a long time to complete, but id be ok with that, makes it that much more enjoyable

Theres so many things i could do, but I love it all, thats my problem!

Thank you all for your kind words, man, having to turn away an RK at the door, that was hard, I so wanted to have a look and open it, but, i didnt, and im proud.

James M

Comment

Originally posted by don-zamo View Post
                    I think, after the new year, when im hopefully sorted, ill set myself a goal, and take as long as i need to do it.

Ive always wanted to own every single maker of the ek2, but, this would take a long time to complete, but id be ok with that, makes it that much more enjoyable
                    There you go! Sounds like a plan already! It's a very satisfying direction to take and you'll learn alot from it, as well as the looking forward to seeing the postman when he brings new EKs that you haven't had to bust your bank account to get.

Comment

Hello there,

There sure was some real honest wear and beautiful patina on this one....

William Kramer
                      Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

james, i am really sorry to hear whats happened, im gutted for you! when i was younger, i tried to collect everything, medals, daggers, helmets, paperwork etc. but unless you are a millionaire, its impossible! now i just collect medals, but i dont know if i will ever be able to afford an rk, dk, blood order and the like. just try aiming a bit lower, a private purchase boxed ek2 is a nice alternative to an rk, and only a couple of hundred quid! dont be down about it, lifes too short! all the best
                        sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

my father always said: You cant spend, what you dont have

Comment

I wont jump straight back into this, theres loads of ways to go collecting, but my father always sais to be, another 2nd class? He never really understood, theyre all different, no two crosses are identical. So I always tried to get something different, but overstretched myself. But, atleast I can take the lesson ive learned, and overcome it, I know ive made a mistake, thats half the learning, realising ive made the mistake.

Thanks for all your support people, its made me forget about the rk. I dont have any justification for owning one anyway, It would just be nice to.

James M

Comment

we all have our lessons. And thats of course no problem. With lessons, you get wiser and you can build up more knowledge.

Maybe next time better. Cheers.

Martin

Comment

James,

Not too up on your personal life, but are you married? If not, get a wife. That's the sure fire way of keeping your spending in line. Believe you me, a cold hearted stare at a new item freshly arriving from the Post Man makes you think twice about ALL purchases. Crosses my mind several times before I click the "BUY" button

Plus ... the doghouse is cold at night, the dog smells, and he snores loud.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X