No announcement yet.

Knight's Cross in auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've given I.S.Wright many original 3rd Reich items since coming to Australia 2 years ago, quite a fair bit of it with Detlev etc guarantee's so if you stay away from I.S.Wright you do miss out on the chance of some fine items IMO. I would reckon their problem is finding stuff at the right price, not easy here in Oz from what I see, so they have to sell higher to make a profit. I've only been to their Ballerat office as I have a sister-in-law living there.

The KC though is'nt mine, I don't buy from Jamie.

The last Melbourne show I did I sold one Freuenshaft members badge, not worth the fuel travelling there for me, I am a bit disappointed that 80% of stuff I bring to Australia goes to the US or back to Europe, I still have a house in Scotland and that helps getting stuff sent there first and then bulk sent here, to save on post and exchange rates etc, things which really raise prices for us, I don't know for sure but I would imagine I.S.Wright would get a lot from Europe, just like the rest of us so it figures..

1. They pay the same price as us for the items in Europe.
    2. They pay the postage (which to and from Oz ain't cheap, I usually make a loss on postage selling abroad as the real cost would put buyers off)
    3. They have to pay money exchange rates.. again can be a fair addition.
    4. They produce a very expensive catalogue, and have nice offices to view items.
    5. They have to make enough profit to pay for all that and wages etc and something left for the business owner to take home.

I think they have to be a bit more expensive if we're being fair, and as for buyer beware, tell me even one dealer worldwide where you don't need to know stuff for yourself , I really do believe that they are at heart honest, the guys in Ballerat anyway, being the only ones I've met.

Aye... and the CATS game, that was real robbery
    C

Comment

I've always been happy with the British medals I've got from them and I was quickly refunded my money when a Third Reich badge I bought from them turned out to be a copy, I just think their reputation as far as WW2 German medals and badges goes isn't as strong as it is for their British material and this Knights Cross in their latest auction wont help that.
      Regards
      Steiner63

Comment

Im sorry but I cant agree on what they are like in Melbourne. I collect my self and dont really sell anything, but if I want something different I do sell, maybe as many collectors who are on a smaller budget. I had a few EK`s of one which was a Schinkel type. Anyways, I walked into their shop in City, (Melbourne) and asked them if they would be interested. They said can they have a look, then they took off me, and wanted to see if its magnetic, so they scrached of the swastika to see whats under the paint...........do they know their stuff ??? no, and thier prices are the biggest in Melbourne. After that I took the same EK and sold it to another dealer in Melbourne who was happy with it. To me I.S Wrights are written off for a long time....

Best regards, Les.

Comment

Ouch! scratching off the paint! On a medal they hadn't even bought

Comment

yea, instead of a magnet for German militaria they are worth nothing in my eyes.

Comment

guarantee of authenticity from Jamie Cross UK dealer
              Which can come in handy if you find yourself suddenly out of Toilet Paper.
              Don't believe everything you read on the internet, that's how WWI got started.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Root View Post
                Which can come in handy if you find yourself suddenly out of Toilet Paper.

how true!!!!

Comment

And now to see if the KC sells...

Comment

Guys,

I've been in and out of that shop for years. I find that, yes their knowledge is not always 100% but they also sell coins, 50% of the stock in melbourne are coins so the speciality is diluted some. But what they lack possibly in stock knowledge they more than make up in integrity.

I have bought many items and returned about 30% of german ones citing inconsistencies in the historical pieces after asking questions here. But that is all I had to say, they took the item back, gave me a refund and then sent it back to their Ballarat store for verification by their German expert. On the other hand, whenever I sold something to them they always gave me a receipt saying they took my item and sent it to the same person in Ballarat to verify before giving me a quote. I have always got my items back and the gentlemen in the Melbourne shop are the peak of professionalism, if not always knowledge.

These guys are risk free and I'd much rather put my money there than risk a $12000 ritterkreuz via fedex from Germany anyday. At least I'd be guaranteed to get my money back if something was lost or it was not genuine.

Jeff

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X