X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay L/12 O&S - Hard to believe....

What, pray tell, is this?

http://cgi.ebay.de/Echenlaub-m-Schwe...d=p3286.c0.m14

The Niemann Expertise clearly says that the subject of the COA is a Oakleaves with Swords, marked "800" and "L/12" and that it is in his opinion a contemporary product. He also states that the Swords are in quality, material and design in accordance to the literature he has access to.

Looks like we have another L/12 Niemann Sword set, since - again - they are not identical to the one shown in his price guide. Are they the same as the last one he tried to sell?
    However, we don't know if "6297christianh" tries to sell a non-Niemann authorized L/12-Set (i.e. not the one that was the subject of the COA) with this original COA. It surely helps when a COA has a picture ....

How someone could truly think this is worth € 9,000.- is beyond me. Just look at the reverse of the swords!

Dietrich
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

In the side-angle photo, look how one sword is cut out to allow the other one to overlay...I'd like to know a LOT more about these!

Comment

The eBay one..
        Attached Files

Comment

Detlev's one.
          Attached Files

Comment

Not the same if you ask me.

/Flemming

Comment

Yes, pictures would be helpful, but the seller also writes that this Exp. is a preliminary, and the one with pictures is on the way.
              You don't get those right away, I was there several years ago and it took a few weeks before I had the exp. at home, by mail.

He also states that you can call Niemann for confirmation of the authenticity of this piece.

I'm not really convinced either, but the seller obviously is.

Just wait and watch when the official exp. pops up.

Regards,
              Ben

Comment

Is it similar to this one?
                Attached Files

Comment

The set that started this thread is a common fake! Below is another fake set with the same type of swords.

Peter
                  Attached Files

Comment

But then the one Niemann wanted to sell is the same fake! Look at the dots and the dot arrangement.

Dietrich
                    B&D PUBLISHING
                    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

The "dot" pattern on the reverse hilt (on viewer's right) of Detlev's does not match the pattern shown on the one Peter posted. The one on the viewer's left DOES appear to match.

Comment

Detlev's:
                        Attached Files

Comment

The one posted by Peter:
                          Attached Files

Comment

IMO not the same set, but just another one by the same maker. I doubt Juncker made these sets and I doubt Niemann would sell it for EUR 9000.–!

Comment

Ludwig,
                              I'm with you and don't believe they are the same. The reverse of the eBay set, though, is even worse than the others! To me, Detlev's look a lot better.
                              Here's the reverse of the eBay set:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X