No announcement yet.

"2" be a Juncker or not "2" be a Juncker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To see a 2 marked Juncker Iron Cross 1st class would be a first for me, but if someone has one, then by all means!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I have come across a few , but only W&L frames and W&L or Juncker cores ,...
      This recent one came up for sale a few days ago . Pictures are not great and the 2 - given, it is much nicer made - is larger than Juncker numbering usually is . Without more examples or an in hand inspection ,can't say if 2 is war time or not , .........Why a W&L cross marked 2 ?....could be a contract piece for Juncker as a explanation . This one has a brass core and advertise (mistakenly) as a special Marine issue . Posting 3 pictures :

Douglas
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Douglas 5; 06-11-2008, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Here an interesting picture .
        I do not own this one , ....a very interesting feature this core happens to show .
        The core with a large amount of copper in it (redish-brown) - has a primer on it - that is a very light yellowish color - before the final black paint was applied . Even with that primer the paint still flaked off !!! The primer holds well to the core and the rubbed spots reveal the true core metal . This picture shows and explains the 2 types of brass core colors one sees on these crosses .
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Douglas 5; 06-11-2008, 12:30 AM.

Comment

And the 2 marked pin:
          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X