This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
    OK, I made a HUGE mistake to jump into this thread again just because I thought (wrongly I guess) that in the spirit of a good discussion this should not left uncommented:

I should not have done this.

Here is my position:

I do not know whether the 935-4 and the 800-4 are pre- or post May 1945. But based on what I fund (from people and by personal investigating) I believe (unproven) that the 935-4 is the last pre-45 model and the everything else is post war. That might be completely wrong.

And that really is it for me unless somebody comes up with something really substantial and also something that fits all the other positive and negative evidence.
    And I can't fault you your conclusions or opinions. I respect your position. For me, still unanswered questions. Your position is without question, the safest position on S&L crosses at this time given the evidence we have today.

Of the many S&L crosses in the final 2,300, we know of two (2) today. There is more to be discovered.

Comment

Originally posted by Pieter Verbruggen View Post
      ...in my profession it's called...dementia.
      Pieter.

Pieter, I whole heartedly agree....there's a lot of that associated with this hobby!

WOW!!!

Darrell, I don't envy your position.....

I don't get it! I have chatted with most of the 'players' here (off line or via PM) and it's civil, mature and on point....what gives with today's nonsense????
      Regards,
      Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S View Post
        I'll sum it up for you David, they were ALL made by S&L, they are ALL original. There is confusion as to date of minting not made more clear by the owners of A Types who have realized a sudden windfall in value thanks to the confusion posted in all these threads. A Type owners have only one motive at this point, keep the controversy a controversy, keep them as potentially postwar strikes. But, they are ALL S&L crosses. The A Typers will continue to tell you they are postwar, that's a fact.
        So they are all good then? Can you be happy believing that, or do we all have to believe it for you to be happy?

Comment

You do NOT know if it's postwar... You can have your opinion Dietrich, 2 out of 2,300 entitles you to that.
          And I gotta say you have to be the most optimistic person I know

Comment

knee flaw

For what it is worth, here is what the knee flaw looks like on my cross........
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sal Williams View Post
              So they are all good then? Can you be happy believing that, or do we all have to believe it for you to be happy?
              Sal, I'm so lucky to be able to exchange posts with someone as obviously gifted as you. So YOU know which B types were not minted by S&L on their die? Please share. Many of us just don't have that info and we'd love to hear from you. Because if you read my post it said they were minted by S&L, I unlike "most eveyone" don't have the empirical data to place a timeline on them. So do tell...

Comment

Sal, I'm so lucky to be able to exchange posts with someone as obviously gifted as you. So YOU know which B types were not minted by S&L on their die? Please share. Many of us just don't have that info and we'd love to hear from you. Because if you read my post it said they were minted by S&L, I unlike "most eveyone" don't have the empirical data to place a timeline on them. So do tell...
                Sorry, I was not intented to post.
                I was very interested in this threads facts, thoughts, exchange of different opinions etc., about this S&L KC.

And now this..... It is sad to see in my opinion and this kind of replies are just to depressing.

Best Regards

Karsten

"Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value."

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                  COULD YOU SHOOT ONE OF THE BACK PLEASE. THAT IS A LOVELY CROSS BY THE WAY.......THANKS JIMMY

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                    To me that flaw is very telling....Jimmy

Comment

I also find it interesting that the German Cross in Gold Grouping on the forum has a maker marked 20 awarded in early July 1943

Comment

Originally posted by VIPER View Post
                        COULD YOU SHOOT ONE OF THE BACK PLEASE. THAT IS A LOVELY CROSS BY THE WAY.......THANKS JIMMY

Thanks....here is a shot of the back..
                        Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful cross Harry!!

Comment

Harry,
                            Is this one of the 935-4's with the small flaw on one side and the larger flaw on the other?
                            Nice looking cross!
                            Leroy

Comment

Originally posted by VIPER View Post
                              I also find it interesting that the German Cross in Gold Grouping on the forum has a maker marked 20 awarded in early July 1943

Why does that maker mark and the time bother you? Is it heavy or light? My apologies in any deviation from the S&L thread. It is interesting to sit back and watch nothing accomplished after several hundred threads. I would suspect that if someone really wanted to know about those S&L 800 4 crosses, they would find out the information that they seek. If they don't want to know, they won't.

Comment

It actually does not bother me. It is just that PZK numbers have all ways been precieved as being issued much later in 1944.......Regards Jimmy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X