X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE]
    Originally posted by robert pierce View Post
    Yeah,

There's GOT to be a better way to hide the swastika than put an adhesive sticken on it. I've sent many crosses, nice crosses back to Germany because of the paint loss due to those things. Maybe the regulations stipulate the use of the stickers, I don't know. I've always wished there could be another less harmful way. It's ruining many fine crosses. I know the paint loss is not considered an issue to most dealers, but it sure is a major issue with us collectors.
    jes robert ,,thats what i mean ,,,,,i want to preserve a mint condition ek ,,

as every other collector ,,,,dealers dont seem to care about it..

paintloss off the swastika is not old age but the stikkers do the damage

and if i see how manny dealers use that sort off conduckt,,,

cant understand it ............and it makes me mad wen i go home with a mint ek ,,pulling that stikker off ,,,,and look at the results.

second,,, a know some caring dealers,,
    they dont do that ,,,they carefull how they do it ,,
    also german ,,,,,just as i am a german.

i pay fore it ,,,its my money

and i tell al off jou ,,dealer and collector ,,,these small litle square white stikkers
    are the ones who pull off joure paint,,,,

please do somthing about it ,,,,,thats the reason i posted my unhappyness...

sorry i offendet some people ,,maybe now jou all are awaire off this problem..

we can do somthing about it ,,together.

regards kay

Comment

Originally posted by peterm View Post
      Hello Kay !

Many thanks for calling us stupid !

Nice to hear that you would have no problem with up to ten years in prison for showing swastikas...

If the rest of the world will come to an end with calling us all "Nazis" then there will (may-)be a time to talk about all things concerning the time between 1933 und 1945 without prejudice...

Greetings,

Peter
      it wasn't ment vicius ,,,

Comment

I'm with you 100% Kay! But regulations have put fear into everyone to hide the swasi, so they're doing what they have to in order to not be criminal. I've brought this up on the forum in the past myself hoping that the word would spread to those using them, and that they might find a non-destructive method. I hope this thread reaches some using the white stickers. But, if they continue to have no problem selling, there is no incentive to change. Our concerns are frugal. But, I hope for the best.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by kay bunnecke View Post
          and an extra off the products at ciney
          I would really like to have such a MG42 and a Garand rifle. Unfortunally it is not legal to own such equipment in Denmark, unless they are visible deactivated. No one sould be in doubt that the weapon is in no way functional...damn it

/Flemming

Comment

To Kay

The paint loss to your EK 2 could have been prevented very easily!
            All the dealer had to do is present the obverse only of the medal by simply turning it upside down! On an EK 1, that's more difficult.

To Flemming

These weapons should be visibly deactivated here aswell. Rest assured that the weapon dealers in Ciney are closely watched by police in civilian clothing!
            "Wir Deutschen fürchten Gott und sonst nichts auf der Welt " BISMARCK

Comment

Easy solution to this problem regarding the stickers these dealers use. I have used a hair dryer myself to heat up the adhesive on the stickers just ever so slightly and they will peel off nicely with no damage to the paint. I have used this method on EK's and Black wound badges and it works perfectly! RKH

Comment

wel than ,,give jou one more

but joure bullets in ,,and off jou go
                Last edited by Montgomery Burns; 05-14-2009, 04:23 AM.

Comment

or these ,,,,

the good,, the bad,, and the ugly
                  Last edited by Montgomery Burns; 05-14-2009, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Thats a sweet looking piece, would that have all moving parts or would it be all welded up? RKH

Comment

Originally posted by rkhunter View Post
                      Easy solution to this problem regarding the stickers these dealers use. I have used a hair dryer myself to heat up the adhesive on the stickers just ever so slightly and they will peel off nicely with no damage to the paint. I have used this method on EK's and Black wound badges and it works perfectly! RKH
                      That's sound advice. Now, let's hope the dealers do the same before they put them in the package before shipping. We receive them with the stickers removed, at least that's my experience.

Thanks you,
                      Robert

Comment

Originally posted by rkhunter View Post
                        Thats a sweet looking piece, would that have all moving parts or would it be all welded up? RKH
                        a hade them in my hand ,,,,it all was working ,,,,

Comment

Yeah I too have received a few pieces that the dealer had removed the sticker before shipping also and caused damage. I think they just don't think about the damage that can be done by just ripping them off. For instance, I have seen a dealer before that had around 50 black wound badges just rattling around inside a bag banging against each other and the worst thing about this was they were all near mint before he baged them! There was lots of bits of black paint at the bottom of the bag that had been chipped of the badges! I asked him why he had done this and he replied he was in a rush that morning, so he through them all together in one bag! So some dealers just dont think before they act unfortunately then the pieces are damaged unnecessarily! RKH

Comment

Originally posted by kay bunnecke View Post
                            a hade them in my hand ,,,,it all was working ,,,,
                            Very nice! RKH

Comment

jou wanna see some more ,,go to my new thread,,,,

in .. Shows and Local Chapters Forum

impressions off ciney

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X