Vintage Productions

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cloth German cross in gold, battle worn.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

six...
    Attached Files

Comment

And the textbook style with the "flaw" in the "9"....

http://www.germanwarbooty.com/medals%20m1546.htm

All bullion version:

http://www.germanwarbooty.com/medals%20m756.htm

John

Comment

The two side by side...

The "textbook" style with the die flaw is on the right. Note how the one that opened the thread has a much more "fuller" or "thicker" look to the wreath.

John
        Attached Files

Comment

Another angle...
          Attached Files

Comment

Well, you certainly can't ask for anyone to be more obliging than John has been!

Whose wreath design is this? It's close to several (Juncker, Zimmermann and Deschler). Different lighting or less brightness might confirm.
            Last edited by Leroy; 04-21-2008, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Now, we have a lot of new pictures.

Thanks to John, for his extrawork.

So, maybe, there are more positive opinions??

Comment

I appreciate the additonal photos. All features of the cross, except the wreath, look like what I would expect from a wartime manufactured cross. However, the wreath continues to concern me. I have not seen on like it on either a cloth DK or an all metal DK.

Anyone else familiar with a wreath of this type on either a genuine or reproduction DK?

John, any indication that the wreath has been replaced?
                -Calvin Hall, repressed Appalachian American.

Desperately seeking a Juncker Knights Cross ribbon loop and well used Knights Cross ribbon!!!

Comment

Hi Calvin:

Thank you for your comments.

The wreath does look to be die struck as when I look at it at the edges the details are crisp and the edges of the wreath are sharp. There never looks to have been another wreath on the peice from what evidence I can see as I do not see any indentations in the cloth from where another wreath sat against the cloth leaving an impression nor do I see any extra holes. I did not really want to be too abusive in examing the wreath so I only examined it with the most careful of handling. The backing is on there pretty good so there are not really any clues on the reverse. I have seen both this type of thicker backing and the thinner backing in use on cloth DKs.

I too would like to hear comments on if anyone has any examples of this style wreath on any cross.

Kindest Regards,

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X