No announcement yet.

Looking to get this Knights Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does even with the quality of the top photo look like two different crosses...

Comment

If they are not the same then the only thing that changed is that there are now two post-war crosses.

There was no un-magnetic S&L in 1943. No puffing and huffing and behind the scenes blowing will change that!
      B&D PUBLISHING
      Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
        If they are not the same then the only thing that changed is that there are now two post-war crosses.

There was no un-magnetic S&L in 1943. No puffing and huffing and behind the scenes blowing will change that!
        That's why we need DN to chime in! There's no 'middle ground' here as either it's a put together grouping, came directly from family or switched at some point.

Obviously, we need clarification or everyone loses
        Regards,
        Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kane View Post
          Can anyone pick out a landmark that would suggest that these are the same Cross....
          I'm convinced that even just these few corresponding worn areas on the cores indicate this is the same cross.

There are other 'bumps and dots'... but they are impossible to convincingly illustrate here.

Marshall
          Attached Files

Comment

Good eyes, Biro!

Comment

That's why we need DN to chime in!
              He was reading this thread on Sunday and also this morning. So he might chime in later after his business day.
              B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

As I have the COA copy at home I have tried to compare it to the cross that Weitze is selling, and there are several spots where the crosses are identical. But also some points that differ. Maybe it has been cleaned or something between the COA photo was taken, and now when Weitze is selling it?

Also, the seller I got my items from was kinda "weird".
                He sold the RK case alone, he had traded away the EK1 to a friend. He had even sold the EK2 ribbon to someone!
                He really killed the lot, if it was indeed a true grouping from the family.
                He even told me he had done that to other big groupings he had bought from Niemann in the past. And he didnt do it to make money on the lots either...

I dont know what to think of the medals I own, because I bought the group for the documents and the photo albums. The medals were merely a bonus. They have really nice field wear and such.
                In the lot was a huge (25x25cm) studio portrait of the soldier wearing his RK. I dont know where that photo is now though. I am confident that the experts here would be able to identify the maker of the cross in the photo from that photo. I will see if I have a scan of it at home.

Regards,
                David

Comment

some differences on the date, the 1 and the bottom loop of the 9, I circled them..
                  unless someon replaced the core, it looks different...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Biro View Post
                    I'm convinced that even just these few corresponding worn areas on the cores indicate this is the same cross.

There are other 'bumps and dots'... but they are impossible to convincingly illustrate here.

Marshall
                    Marshall, I think that is dirt/dust and not wear. It is typical for grime to build up in the corners. You should see my house.
                    pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by Don Doering View Post
                      Marshall, I think that is dirt/dust and not wear. It is typical for grime to build up in the corners. You should see my house.
                      I agree Don - it's dirt/dust. But it matches well!

I should have been more specific and said this cross looks exactly like Don's house...

Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
                        He was reading this thread on Sunday and also this morning. So he might chime in later after his business day.

And, here we are days later and no commentary whatsoever..

Too bad really

Especially for the owner(s) of anything from the offering.
                        Regards,
                        Dave

Comment

And, here we are days later and no commentary whatsoever..

Too bad really

Especially for the owner(s) of anything from the offering.
                          Since Mr. Niemann was on the board this morning it is safe to say that he has nothing to add to this sad story. So, case closed.
                          B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X