X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mint

Originally posted by Chet Sowersby View Post
    Chris,
    As another member posted I also have seen far more mint Zimmermans than Kleins.

Chet
    Thanks everyone for participating.

Yes...I saw that Chet....I'm not suggesting anything untoward, but I have to say that mostly these 134 marked crosses are mint or close to it. I believe that many of them that have appeared in recent years on various sites are in fact examples that do not have the characteristics of the ones posted here, and so a lot of care has to be taken with them.
    Weight and size is important, but equally there are some clearly defined die features that need to be catalogued and checked.
    Now...the question has to be...does anyone have a 134 with provenance (?)...I'd dearly love to study such a cross.

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Comment

Anyone,

Along with what Chris has said, I think it would be a good idea if anyone who saw one of these Klein reproductions in their travels online to ask the seller for some good clear photo for us to study. We already have plenty of good pieces to compare the copy to.

Robert

Comment

In this thread former member Tom Hansen gives some good comparitive pointers on the differences between the 134 copy and the true, post #9.
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=Klein+fake
        I wasn't aware that there were (2) distinctly different original '134' stamps. I'm going to look into this further.

Marcus Hatton has written some good threads on the fake/copy of the 134, and I am going to pull up the threads he has written and post their links here for study.
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=134+DKiG

Photos deleted, but good reference to fake specs...
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=134+DKiG

Here is a copy that Detlev posted on his site this last update, a copy of the 134...

Robert
        Attached Files
        Last edited by robert pierce; 04-08-2008, 12:46 PM.

Comment

reverse of copy...
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

even if there are good copies around of this mm, till today is possible identify them......

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Originally posted by IVAN View Post
                Hi,

even if there are good copies around of this mm, till today is possible identify them......
                Yes, that is why I'd like to have good clear photos of one of the copies, to help identify them easier. Detlev's photos are so-so, but I'd like to see some closeups of the date, wreath, rays, etc., the entire badge in clear images.

Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X