DKiG Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DKiG Question

Does anyone have any thoughts as to why every 134 DKiG one sees is usually stone mint, or close to it ?

Could it be that a "Deschler" hoard of Klein DKiG occurred ?
    Last edited by Chris Jenkins; 04-03-2008, 07:26 AM.

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Hello,
    I have a DKiG by 134 which appears to be field worn, though not beaten.
    I will post pictures if you like?
    Thank you,
    Curtiss

Comment

My 134, entrusted to my care by my friend, Chet Sowersby, is in beautiful condition, although not at all mint.
      This is the way that I like my decorations.....with a little bit of worn character.

Cheers,
      Bob.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.....

Comment

Klein DKiGs are late war production, are they not? I would suspect that more of these would be mint condition, like zimmermans, than other makers. I would also guess that with the introduction of the cloth DKiG, that most DKiG recipients after that time would choose to wear a cloth version. The earlier metal versions would have been worn and would be expected to show alot more wear. If a cloth version was only worn, as would probably be the case with late war crosses, more should be mint condition.

Comment

These are featured as Detlev's fake of the week.
          pseudo-expert

Comment

Mine is not mint. You do know this is the best faked DK of them all. You have to be very very careful about the 134.

Comment

I used to own a '134' that was worn on a tunic as evidenced by the wear the finish on the back lower tips of the sunburst rays. This would seem logical since top of the Dkig over time would lean forward a bit.

Comment

Mine has a fairly tarnished -- or even corroded -- silver disc behind the swaz.
                George

Comment

Hi Chris,
                  It seems I`ve run across more mint 20`s than any other maker. Here are a few images of my 134 w/ scads of wear. It is the heavy type & measures 63.3 mm. It makes perfect sense as to why one would prefer a cloth type as to wearing something as heavy & klunkie as this one.
                  E.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson View Post
                    Mine has a fairly tarnished -- or even corroded -- silver disc behind the swaz.

....as does mine, (only slightly though) which enhances the appearance for me....

Bob.
                    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.....

Comment

date
                      Attached Files

Comment

reverse
                        Attached Files

Comment

Pin shows lots of use.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Erickn View Post
                            Hi Chris,
                            It seems I`ve run across more mint 20`s than any other maker. Here are a few images of my 134 w/ scads of wear. It is the heavy type & measures 63.3 mm. It makes perfect sense as to why one would prefer a cloth type as to wearing something as heavy & klunkie as this one.
                            E.

I did not know there was such a thing as a heavy klein- that is news to me. How much does it weigh?

Comment

Hi Bill,
                              At this time I do not have access to a scale other than a postage type in ozs.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X