Why didnt Hitler get the KC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
    How would the sniper know it was the same Adolf Hitler ... c'mon .... who told you this one?
    Hey Darrell,

Trained snipers know these things. Besides where would our hobby be if this story was not true? Hmmmmm?

I think the guy was just looking out for us future collectors.

About the Germans and the beer thing I have my doubts as Hitler was Austrian.

Tony
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

hitler

whats the deal with synders website..ive seen a few threads mocking him.

as to the source of the sniper story,i was in a book about the private life of hitler,where in 1 section there was photos of him meeting ww1 vets with that story,as for how he knew it was hitler is anyones guess,but adolf thought it good enough to hang an old rifle in his house

Comment

Originally posted by brownshirts View Post
        whats the deal with synders website..ive seen a few threads mocking him.

as to the source of the sniper story,i was in a book about the private life of hitler,where in 1 section there was photos of him meeting ww1 vets with that story,as for how he knew it was hitler is anyones guess,but adolf thought it good enough to hang an old rifle in his house

My point is this:

If ... this incident ever occurred, Hitler would have been just another face amongst the chaos of war at that particular moment. He was a no-body.

Then 20 years later someone writes that a sniper had "Hitler" himself in his crosshairs??? Riiiiiiight.

You remember the 20th person you passed on the street yesterday?

My point exactly.

Comment

Where did that ludicrous story evolve from?
          Iam Uncle Sam
          That’s who Iam
          Been hiding out
          In a rock and roll band

Comment

Plus he would have been wearing a helmet and most likley running with with his head down

thus his face would have been well hidden.... and thats not to include the small field of vision u would have from looking trought a 2x, 3x or 5x scope of a rifle plus he could have been +100m away

but u never know he could have stopped a minute to smile
            Last edited by jagdtiger; 03-19-2008, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Back to the KC question. Wouldn't Adolph have to earn the 1939 clasps (2nd, 1st classes)before the KC or are there examples of WWI vets holding the 1914 1st, and 2nd classes, not earning the 1939 clasps/ spange before earning the KC?

Comment

...do you mean to tell me the L42A1 sniper rifle I purchased is not original to this story?

Comment

true

Comment

There is a similar story on one of the History channels many documentaries about Hitler. Apart from the guy had him over iron sights at close range the story seems the same they showed some pictures of "a" guy meeting Hitler. then and again the history channel is hardly the best place for accurate History

Comment

weird story doesn't anyone else have some info about this??

Comment

Hi all,

I have been reading this thread and wanted to share something I found on the net.. about the so called sniper incident

http://www.worldwar1.com/heritage/hitler2.htm

I read it and found it intresting to say the least.

Thanks
                        Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Woods View Post
                          If you noticed of the 6 imperial awards He only wore 2 and you very seldom saw him with his Blood Order but always the Golden Party Badge.
                          6 awards? Please elaborate. I know about the two you refer to and the BO and GPB but what were the others?

B

Forget it I just found the previous post. Sorry!!!
                          Last edited by Biber; 03-19-2008, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ww2collector View Post
                            Hi all,

I have been reading this thread and wanted to share something I found on the net.. about the so called sniper incident

http://www.worldwar1.com/heritage/hitler2.htm

I read it and found it intresting to say the least.

Thanks
                            Eric
                            Hi Eric yes thats the same guy mentioned in the documentary i saw i remember them saying he was awarded the VC now.

Comment

Getting back to the KC et. al.

I would think that if there was any award Uncle Addy would have been awarded, it would maybe the the Grand Cross? After all, the Generals of WW1 were instrumental in the Kaiser getting one ....

BUT ... then again, Goering already had one ... so I really doubt Hitler would want to be known as the "2nd Holder" of the GC

Comment

I'm sure a special "Fuerher Award" would have been made had he brought the war to a successful conclusion.
                                pseudo-expert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X