Why didnt Hitler get the KC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robertdmountfor View Post
    Not sure about that, what about Hanna Reitsch the test pilot?
    She just got a regular EK. Both classes I believe

Comment

There's probably something to the fact he was only a relatively lowly Gefreiter in WWI. Although he was reasonably well decorated for his rank, the fact remains that the class system in place in Imperial Germany would have prevented him from getting the "bling-bling" that many of the well decorated officers around him would have earned. By playing the austerity card, he effectively concealed the relative lack of awards and avoided running the risk of being considered a pretender. In his own mind, he was probably taking the metaphorical high road.

Comment

Originally posted by tegunn View Post
        Before a awardee of the 1914 EK could earn the KC, they would have to earn the 1939 EK's(spange). You can't say that since a WWI vet won a 1914 EK 2cl for example that he would next get the 1939 1st class. He would first have to earn the 1939 2nd class (in the form of the spange) then he could move to the 1939 1st cl/RK
        No doubt Hitler did and could have, but the sets would have been Wiederholungspange if the awardee had previously won the 1914's (Hitler included-his case he would award himself two spangen and the RK).
        Really, my overall point is that a soldier holding the 1914 1st and second classes EK's has earn it all over again(1939's) in order to recieve/be elligible for the KC, which is not an easy task(unless you are the Fuhrer or a super old dude)..
        Depending upon prior awards of the EK a person could get the EK2 1939 or the Wiederholenspange 1939 for the EK2 which is really just an EK2 in another form, the Wiederholenspange 1939 for the EK1 which is just an EK1 in another form, or the 1939 EK1, and then the RK. The only requirement is that the EK2, EK1, RK sequence for the awards of the current war (1939) must be followed. Some received various combos due to their prior service in WW1 while others received a complete set of new crosses because they were too young to have served in WW1.
        pseudo-expert

Comment

Exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by Jono View Post
            She just got a regular EK. Both classes I believe
            Your right Jono, one of the few women who earned both classes

James M

Comment

Ok ok, I think we now understand....He wasnt offered it, he didnt get it, and he wouldnt have wanted it anyway. end of.

Comment

A.h

Hi! I knew he got the EK2 in WW1...but I think I have saw pics whit A.H whit EK1?????? But a great Commander??????????????????BBBBBB----------------------So Medals if he got on in WW2 had been KVKs

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X