No announcement yet.

Why didnt Hitler get the KC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many Many hundreds out there I think he runs second only to Napoleon for biographies.

Most of the early one were full of crap on some point some still are the.

Hitler had a myth about him that was and still is greater than the man. here are a few myths

1) he never drank alcohol
    Like 999.999999% of German males he liked a good beer
    2) he was a vegetarian
    Not true he loved his bratwurst
    3) He lived alone at the to
    Not true Eva Braun was with him for many years and she was 100% unknown to those outside the inner circle

I could make this list go on and on

BTW the way the IC is a classless order and very deliberately so. Any rank could get any level of the order they just had to earn the lower orders first. I cannot remember the exact stats but a large % were NCO when they received the order.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Campell View Post
      He also wore a party pin, but he never really got to carried away with it like some other leaders past or present. If you look at Imperial generals, and royalty they are always festooned with medals and ribbons. I believe Hitler viewed himself as a common man and soldier, and actually despised the old class systems and royalty. He is quite diffrent than say Goring.
      I agree with Steve, this man yust conquerd Europe and will forever be rememberd and he knew it. Medals are meaningless fur such a man...

Comment

BTW the way the IC is a classless order and very deliberately so. Any rank could get any level of the order they just had to earn the lower orders first. I cannot remember the exact stats but a large % were NCO when they received the order.[/QUOTE]

This is not my understanding when it comes to the 1870 and 1914 EK eras. Of course nothing was etched in stone, as Hitler and no doubt many other enlisted men won the 1st class during these eras. I think it is safe to say that by 1939 this was not so much the case and it was available to enlisted soldiers more readily.

Comment

Hitler's awards were IC1, IC2, Bavarian Military merit cross 3rd Class W/Swords, Bavarian 9 yr service Medal, Black Wound Badge and like everyone else who fought in WW 1 the Hindenburg Cross w/swords. His NSDAP awards were Blood Order and the Golden Party badge.

Comment

Originally posted by byterock View Post
            Many Many hundreds out there I think he runs second only to Napoleon for biographies.

Most of the early one were full of crap on some point some still are the.

Hitler had a myth about him that was and still is greater than the man. here are a few myths

1) he never drank alcohol
            Like 999.999999% of German males he liked a good beer
            2) he was a vegetarian
            Not true he loved his bratwurst
            3) He lived alone at the to
            Not true Eva Braun was with him for many years and she was 100% unknown to those outside the inner circle

I could make this list go on and on

BTW the way the IC is a classless order and very deliberately so. Any rank could get any level of the order they just had to earn the lower orders first. I cannot remember the exact stats but a large % were NCO when they received the order.
            Any sources you want to share with us?

Comment

Originally posted by Haraldur Axel View Post
              Can anyone recomend a good book about him?
              Adolf Hitler's definitive biography written by John Toland (two volumes) is a must.

Pierre

Comment

stumpfegger

he didnt give himself a knights cross as it was a combat award and he would have been more likely to award himself a grand cross. the fact he didnt is probably all for propaganda.

but the fact is the ek1 he wore he actually earned - and had a story to go with it. according to sources he used to enjoy hearing stories from soldiers about how they won theirs. so im guessing he preferred a medal he 'did' something for.

oh and according to a conrtemporary source (stumpfegger i think) hitler used to have a shot of vodka in his tea each evening. ill try to verify this.

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                  Adolf Hitler's definitive biography written by John Toland (two volumes) is a must.

Pierre
                  Many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by joelhall View Post
                    he didnt give himself a knights cross as it was a combat award and he would have been more likely to award himself a grand cross. the fact he didnt is probably all for propaganda.

but the fact is the ek1 he wore he actually earned - and had a story to go with it. according to sources he used to enjoy hearing stories from soldiers about how they won theirs. so im guessing he preferred a medal he 'did' something for.

oh and according to a conrtemporary source (stumpfegger i think) hitler used to have a shot of vodka in his tea each evening. ill try to verify this.
                    Good olĀ“ Adolf on booze and pills!

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
                      Good olĀ“ Adolf on booze and pills!
                      You mean you haven't seen The History Channel's documentary "High Hitler?"

(Yes, it really does exist)

Comment

Oh, I very seldom watch TV.

Comment

Originally posted by byterock View Post
                          .....1) he never drank alcohol
                          Like 999.999999% of German males he liked a good beer....
                          Wow nearly 1000% ... thats pretty darn certain

Comment

hitler info.

hi guys,

yes Hitler won six medals from the 1914/18 war,the most imporant being the iron cross first class.

he won this high award as a message runner(a very dangerous job)i believe it was early 1918.
                            message runners had a short life in the trenches as they were the only comunication points.
                            heres 1 for you all;
                            corporal hitler was delivering another message one day when an english sniper had him in his cross hairs,bang and history would have been rewrote,but....... lucky for young adolf the english guy let him free!

now when hitler came to power he never forgot that act,and in 1935 he personal met with english ww1 vets at the berghof,he was given the snipers rifle as a gift from the english vet!...it hung in the berghof till the end of the war!!
                            Last edited by brownshirts; 03-19-2008, 09:16 AM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Originally posted by brownshirts View Post
                              ........corporal hitler was delivering another message one day when an english sniper had him in his cross hairs,bang and history would have been rewrote,but....... lucky for young adolf the english guy let him free!........
                              How would the sniper know it was the same Adolf Hitler ... c'mon .... who told you this one?

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
                                How would the sniper know it was the same Adolf Hitler ... c'mon .... who told you this one?
                                Come on Darrell ..That's a fact , you can find it on Charlie Schnyder's website with all of his other real & authentic info

" Well uh , the guy had that thing under his nose and it uh looked like him"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X