EK2 Cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nick,

Sorry to here that, it looks just like mine almost! Who knows matbe mine is post war also.

Here is a pic of the hinge and base, these are old ones of it and I'm not sure if they will be any good.

See how our barrels of the hinge differ slightly to yours
    Attached Files

Comment

Thats crap, well mine are mm longer

Heres another look very very closely and pay attention to detail widths etc check out the proportions in regards to yours.
      Attached Files

Comment

Mines basicaly the same width as yours but longer by a cople of cm's, the box that is please. I not so sure abot this glue thing being 101% I'm sceptical to take that as definitive, the card who really knows, I sure as hell don't know.(is there a thread on glue?)

I'm dubious of mine to a degree now, but I couldn't give a flying leap at a rolling doughnut as long as the medals fine.

Good luck on that return, I hope it wasn't much money. I'm sure you'll get one day similar to that and OK.

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

Marcus

Cheers for the input I believe you have probably got the original type box which is what this copy is modelled on. Do not get me wrong mine is a bloody good copy however to point out the faults on mine all add up to repro.

1. Biggest giveaway it flouresces under UV light

2. The base is a grey cardboard colour not definitive I know but all original boxes I have ever seen use a brown colour card.

3. The glue is not that yellowed looking animal based glue that was used on period items. It is clear modern glue much like uhu looks when dry.

All in all to me that just adds up to one thing repro.

Nick

Comment

Better to be safe than sorry Nick, you'd always feel funny about it if you kept it, keep us updated and good luck, don't go storming up to him exclaiming it's a fake.

You may have to trade at a small loss to get the money back, I assume this was a stall and they didn't give you a receipt.

Good Luck

Marcus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X