• Show
Clear All

cross
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
      Who said that?

Mine doesn't ...
      Hi Darrell, i have heard this several times & someone has said it earlier on this very thread (i always get in trouble for repeating things Infact i got banned from Detlev's site just for repeating what someone else had said )
      I have noticed that Michael Everett has probably the most experience of these crosses but on this thread also he now says he can't remember if some were unmarked although a few years ago he stated that some were.
      Unfortunately as time passes some information is forgotten, while other information is maybe just something that is being taken for granted.
      As i said earlier, only Mr Weitze knows for sure, information like the hinges, maker mark etc will always end up being contentious unless someone who knows Helmut Weitze can find out.
      Would love to see your cross & case, the ore we see, the more we learn & after all, that's why most of us are here
      Ant.

Comment

Originally posted by antwhiplash View Post
        ....I have noticed that Michael Everett has probably the most experience of these crosses but on this thread also he now says he can't remember if some were unmarked although a few years ago he stated that some were. Ant.
        Actually Mike just told me today that he can't remember exactly (not something that stands out), but he kept three of the EK1 that were in the best shape. Two of the Three have no covering. He thinks most were not covered.

Comment

Originally posted by antwhiplash View Post
          Would love to see your cross & case, the ore we see, the more we learn & after all, that's why most of us are here
          Ant.
          Here are a couple of pictures. The two of the cross were taken by a former WAF member (thus I whited out his name -that's why the white squares). The last one is of the case hinge.

I really need to take some new pictures soon.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Nice horde cross for sure Darrell, thanks for sharing it, now i'm pretty sure that we can say that not all Horde crosses came with covered hinges.
                Unfortunately Michael himself has stated that his memory of them isn't as good as it was, he did state years ago that they weren't all maker marked & now says he can't remember for sure if that was true.
                I would love to see many 100% known Horde crosses on here so we can learn more about them.
                Thanks again Darrell, this all helps our understanding
                Ant.

Comment

There were at least 2 makers in the Iron cross cache. A friend of mine brought back about 5 or so from Weitze after he had aquired them. My friend said he looked throught the pieces Helmut had and decided on the ones he found in the best condition. These were all marked 26....the others according to him did not seem to be in as nice condition.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X