Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russian Horde/EKI beading help required

Will try to keep this short & sweet.
    Have this Russian Horde here that someone has kindly sent before i make a 100% decision.
    I have heard on this forum from a member who bought a lot of these at the time that although Unissued they aren't all mint. Some that were stored at the outiside of the packing had some exposure to damp/water etc & 60-70 years of age is at play here as well.
    Have taken some pictures of this one & would really appreciate opinions on what has happened on the beading of the 3 O'Clock arm on this one (the case is a minty square button variety).
    Thanks, Ant.
    Attached Files

Ignore the fact that the edges are that colour, something went wrong?
    Attached Files

Comment

Here's the beading i was talking about
      Attached Files

Comment

Back
        Attached Files

Comment

you want a opiniun

Originally posted by antwhiplash View Post
          Here's the beading i was talking about
          a dont know ,,,, what the problem is.

moisture comming throu the case triggerd some dark collering .

so what,,,,, its a beauty.

Comment

Just took another pic, can't get every edge to show, the right hand edge is as perfect as the rest show on this pic, it's just that bit of beading that's a bit strange.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by p-verstegen View Post
              a dont know ,,,, what the problem is.

moisture comming throu the case triggerd some dark collering .

so what,,,,, its a beauty.
              Thanks for such a quick opinion, it is a real beauty, that last picture is without a flash

Comment

Ek1

Hi Ant:
                I have one with some finishing marks but not as pronounced. Yours has a nice finish on frame and core. Only one thing that puzzles me is that I thought that these were maker marked #26 on the outside of the pin. Maybe someone else can shead some light on this as it may not mean anything.

Comment

Nice cross ant , i also have one of these but mine is marked on the outside of the pin like ricks .

Comment

Thanks lads, here's the conclusions from Darrell who bought a job lot of them off Helmut when stationed in Germany at the time, i think it's fair to say that he bought more of them than any other person!

"The quantity that I handled consisted of the following:

Most were marked '26'
                    A very small number were not marked but, were of the '26' type.
                    All were in the square cases with the rectangular 'push button'.
                    A number of examples had paint bubbling under the core.
                    Alll had some degree of lacquer loss from 1% to 25%. "

Ant.

Comment

Here is an interesting thread about the "hoard" crosses.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=30282

Comment

Nice cross. The ones that came in the "Hoard" were all, I believe, 26 marked. However, there are other perfectly legitimate crosses (such as this one) that are otherwise identical in construction and appearance. I will ask Helmut next week, if some were unmarked, in his hoard. Thanks for posting the link to the article. I LOVE the 26 crosses, and have about 15 of them myself, put away - they may be boring to some, but I love'em. I also am reading the posted thread - I didn't know there were "stunning" 26 fakes. Learn something new everyday!

Comment

Craig, if you remember, ask Helmut if he knows where they were discovered (location in Russia).

Comment

Will be glad to. I am supposed to talk with him next week (he's on vacation still, I think). I'll try to get the full story and post it here.

Comment

Hi Ant,

could you post some pics of the case? I want to see the part of the hinge

It's a Chay's cross, not?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X