DKiG "Steinhauer und Lück"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrSmith View Post
    You are correct that S&L did make wartime DK's, which are harder to spot from the post war pieces they made with the swastika, ....

Really? The membership would be interested to know what these differences are. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, but up till now I can't remember anyone saying this before ....

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
      Really? The membership would be interested to know what these differences are. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, but up till now I can't remember anyone saying this before ....
      Hello

Darrell, it has been said by other members here and in other fora that, (although there is no proof one way or the other), and I hope from memory that I get this the correct way round, the S&L swastika DKs that are marked '4' are wartime originals and those without any maker markings are post war made. Of course, the big question is did S&L really make DKs at any point during the war? I personally believe that they did, but identifying the wartime original from the postwar is the major stumbling block with them.

Another discussion around this topic can be found in this post:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=254888

I put forward a theory, (see my posts #23 & #24), that the center silver discs behind the swastika / iron cross might be a clue as to wartime or post war. What do you think? Possible or not?

Finally, another thread, among the many on the this topic out there:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=151984

Regards
      David

Comment

Hi David,

Yes I was aware of those threads.

The thing that's scarey is S&L offered for sale all kinds of Swastika version awards Post-45. This is apparent from all the price lists during that time.

This makes anything manufactured by them somewhat clouded as to what date a badge was produced. The stuff punched out within 5-10 years after the war could still have high quality (definitely RK's, I would guess DK.s too).

We can speculate all we want, but without some positive proof (like in Dietrich's wartime prints of 1939-45 publications in the Knight's Cross Book) we will still be less than 100% positive.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X