This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S&L DKs Pre or Post WAR ?

I've seen alot of people here sayin that S&L DKs are post war crosses. May I ask if this is an established fact, still inconclusive , or if they were actually pre 1945 products.
    Should one keep away from S&L Deutsches Kreuz . What are your reactions on this ?
    Pre 1945
    31.20%
    Post War
    32.00%
    Not sure
    36.80%

There are no doubts that S&L was an DK maker who mades DKs in wartime.

The problem with the pieces from this maker is that S&L employed unchanged pieces with the same tools after the war.

Therefore you can never know when you have an S&L DK if it's made after or before 1945.

I don't want an Deutsches Kreuz frum Steinhauer & L******252;ck in my collection. I couldn't have fun with it because i never would know if i have a wartime piece or not. Only when it's a part of a deduction that is in all pieces with absolutely save provenience.

Andreas
    Last edited by Paratrooper; 04-07-2006, 12:13 PM.

Comment

So there are no determining factors between pre and post war ones?

Comment

So far I point it gives absolutely no difference between the pre and post war ones.
        Which I can say definitely is that after the war production invariably kept running.
        Perhaps there are variants they already was no more manufactured before 45 and the production of these variants were not again taken up, but that is only one idea without a real background.

I know a real Expert for questions like that. I will ask him about the facts.
        He coult give us without doubt an exactly answer!

Regards
        Andreas
        Last edited by Paratrooper; 04-07-2006, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Are there any with solid provenance?
          George

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson
            Because i'm not collecting Deutsche Kreuze i not know if there are examples with solid provenance.

But when i ask the questions to the expert for Deutsche Kreuze that i wrote in my last posting i think of sure he will say something about that question you have George.

In Germany now it's 03:00 am and because of that i will have the answer first tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson
              I think Rudel´s DK was a S&L. compare to the well known picture of his medals.

Mathias

Comment

The most important question of this thread was if S&L had manufactured Deutsche Kreuze before 45.
                Without no doubt it gives signs for pre and post war producted pieces.

Pieces with the makers mark 4 on the needle are of sure producted before 45.
                That pieces and others made prewar hat badly processed rivets and what we can say for sure that prewar pieces generally was bad manufactured.

After the war S&L had taken up the production again and the pieces became the later the better, but no one can say for sure wich of the not marked piece was pre war produktioned.

So we can say only pieces with makers mark are original pieces from the wartime.

But there are pieces found in deductions with good provinience they are not maker marked.

So we can say pieces with makers mark "4" are o.k. and pieces with good provience.

I would ever prefer the pieces that where found in sure deductions. I think it's the savest way to have a piece wich no doubts in originality.

KR
                Andreas

Comment

Good old S&L......... left us with a bit of excitement to the hobby didn't they?

Comment

Yep

Originally posted by Sal Williams View Post
                    Good old S&L......... left us with a bit of excitement to the hobby didn't they?
                    You got it !

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Comment

Originally posted by Sal Williams View Post
                      Ya, RKs, DKs and maybe even Eks (just a guess).

Comment

I would think that the price would be far less for an St&L German Cross. The only reason I don't have one is because I would only pay a fraction of the price of the other German Crosses.

Bob Hritz
                        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Maj. Konig View Post
                          Ya, RKs, DKs and maybe even Eks (just a guess).
                          What about PABs, GABs, KM badges etc.....
                          pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by Paratrooper View Post
                            The most important question of this thread was if S&L had manufactured Deutsche Kreuze before 45.
                            Without no doubt it gives signs for pre and post war producted pieces.

That pieces and others made prewar hat badly processed rivets and what we can say for sure that prewar pieces generally was bad manufactured.

After the war S&L had taken up the production again and the pieces became the later the better, but no one can say for sure wich of the not marked piece was pre war produktioned.

So we can say only pieces with makers mark are original pieces from the wartime.

But there are pieces found in deductions with good provinience they are not maker marked.

So we can say pieces with makers mark "4" are o.k. and pieces with good provience.

I would ever prefer the pieces that where found in sure deductions. I think it's the savest way to have a piece wich no doubts in originality.

KR
                            Andreas

Could you explain how you have determined that S&L "4" marked crosses are okay? I don't think there is any evidence for that conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Paratrooper View Post
                              Hello Andreas
                              this is a heavy afirmation, please can you explain where do you find this certainty ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X