EK1 Marked 65

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The K&Q normally have a more rounded cased, such as the one pictured below,
    Is this an absolute rule? I mean if you encountered 10 cased K&Q EK’s how many would be the slightly more rounded corner type?
    Can these be attributed to one particular case maker or certain firms that used these?

Comment

No, not an absolute rule at all, I am not sure how you came to that because if you continue reading the post, you see that I mention that we have discussed that manufacturer's subcontracted their cases (which would mean more than one got their cases from a particular case maker), and that often collectors mix and match case and cross (which means you can rarely be 100% sure a cross belongs to a case beyond the shadow of doubt).

An absolute rule? The only absolute rule in our hobby is that there are no absolute rules. For every rule, there is exception, but I still tend to go by the rules. My comment is an observation made from studying this particular maker of the Iron Cross for a few years. In my opinion, and based on my experience, K&Q boxes are slightly more rounded.
      Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X