EK1 Marked 65

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 Marked 65

Hi guys what do you think of this cross and case. I have good fealings but what do you think.The glue on the inside of the case looks too new to me ?? Thanks In advance David R.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by David R.; 06-16-2003, 10:04 PM.

Case ETC:
    Attached Files

Comment

back
      Attached Files

Comment

You should have good feelings. It looks okay.
        George

Comment

Please tell me you didn’t rip the base out of the case, just to check what sort of glue it was held in with?

moremad

Looks fine to me also, a very nice and desirable K&Q EK.
          If you do a search on this forum for K&Q or 65 you will dig up many threads with very nice and original pieces shown.

Comment

The cross looks good, I think the back looks shiny because of the flash. Do you see any writting in the case at all?

Dez, those things come off easily, no "pulling" needed in most, if not ALL, cases (no pun indeded).
            Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

Are you sure the case is okay? There seems to be no depth to the base, as it appears to be a piece of flat cardboard with some flocked material wrapped around it. Also, the glue appears to be across the whole base of the case but doesn't appear to have actually stuck to anything. Maybe an original case with the base missing and someone has made a replacement base for it.

Cheers,
              Brett

Comment

The cross look´s ok!. But case?, look under the cardbore if there is any stamps like 621kb or nr ???? and in an oval DB. So far non off my cases miss those marks. And i know you can get remakes like that one that even will pass the black light testing.
                Mikael

Comment

Dez, those things come off easily, no "pulling" needed in most, if not ALL, cases (no pun indeded).

Oh ok.....I would not even dream of trying this.

Comment

You should have seen the look on the dealer's face at the Napredak Show when I pulled out my truck key and inserted it into the slot of a KVK1 case to see if the bottom would pry out easily! (It did, and I bought it. )
                    George

Comment

Hi the case looks like some one replaced the insert at one time but the rest of the case looks ok, but a late war made one.I will let you know if I get this one.

Comment

The K&Q normally have a more rounded cased, such as the one pictured below, while Zimmerman Iron Cross cases are a touch more square. That said, we have debated the fact that manufacturers all got the cases from a few selected cases manufactures here before. You should also consider the fact that collectors often have shotgun weddings between an original cross and an original case, so while the cross looks ok and the case looks ok separately, they may or may not belong together. In my opinion the cross looks ok, and I would not necessarily shy away from the case.
                        Attached Files
                        Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

Hello I have had absolutelly unworn boxed cross of 65 maker and it was the same. The iron center was painted by matt black paint. And it looked like velvet. Ok

Comment

65 EK I

David,

Mine is identical, matt finished core, mark, pin, etc. etc. Case is the same too. Nice one.

steve

Comment

Your quite right Sebastian I posted a cased EK1 with outer box several weeks ago and the case and box were mates but had the wrong EK in it (I found the correct one at the cincy. show). I used to do Motel Adds with several friends here in Ohio and the folks would bring all kinds of mismatched stuff in. They would tell me they would put what ever looked like it would fit in the cases. Some vets said they would find badges and metals in one store and cases in an other and put them to gather.So you never know what will turn up.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X