Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two high qaulity 134 DK's?

Hello,

If you go down to search and type in '134 German Cross' the first thread is mine, Marcus H.

On here you will see the general consensus was that my 134 German Cross in gold in all high probability is a reproduction.

The quality of my pictures is poor to say the least and these aren't much better.

There is a post of a DK which Detlev Niemann considers to be the best reproduction in his opinion he has seen, he also gives his reasons of thought on his repro.DK.(NOT MINE)

The Detlev reproduction:

Width: 62.61

Height:62.73

Weight:44.37g

I kept my DK, which I still have because I'm not sure about it, I've spent some time going through the references on here and some books.

It is not like the same reproduction as shown on the previous thread. If you compare the 1941 on both they are very different, I've tried to illustrate this below.

My dimensions are:

Width 63.1

Height 63.2 measured at 3 jeweller's

Weight 47g weighed at 3 jeweller's

Work this one out then, are there two high quality fakes or are they just improving on it.

Can any 134 owners put up there 134 dates, the weights and measurements will fluctate due to the fact unless we did it at the same source they may all differ. But my weight seems a little high!

Detlev reproduction
    Attached Files
    Last edited by George Stimson; 05-31-2003, 08:23 AM.

Here;s my effort I do own a scanner I just can't use it properly, my daughter has used it as a Barbie sunbed and it's never been the same..............just don't even go there

This is a camera pic:

Comment

See how my 1's aren't fluted the eye of the nine on mine is bigger as is the gap in the 4 overall as different as chalk and cheese.
      Attached Files

Comment

Comment

That is a cropped down scan, I can't get the ****** hang of it.

Well I know it's difficult to say but what do you think?

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Hi,

Unfortunately I no longer own this DKiG so I can't get the weights etc but here is a close up of the date and maker mark.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Maker Mark
                    Attached Files

Comment

It was a very worn DKiG as you can see.

Best Regards
                      Kevin

Comment

Kevin,

Alas worn or not, no doubt it was genuine, I've noticed on yours as is with others the swas hook is nice and close to the wreath.

Thank you for the pictures, great close up of the 134.

Kind regards,

Marcus

There seems to be variations of the 134 rivets some sunk into the base or accomadated by a larger recess for the head and some protrude out like on my example (fake or not, this seems to be a genuine trait)

Also maybe it's my eyes or the pictures but the wreaths differ, as do the dates of 1941.

On the DN reproduction the enamel of the swas and the thin silver border line seem slightly jaggered my does not although it may give the impression of that.

Comment

Hello.

My German Cross seems to be very similar to the first one shown on the permanent article about German Crosses, yet again my swas isn't as close to the wreath but the wreath is slightly of centre.

Has any one got any more opinions this time round, with some of my thoughts in mind.

Please help if you can.

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

Any 134 owners out there, with any details, any opinions on my obsevations.

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

hi,
                              heres my known original 134 for comparasion.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X