Two high qaulity 134 DK's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello again

Right the 134 is in the form of incuse relief not like the fake Ivan shows, this is a crappy picture of mine because my scanner is crap, as any bad workman would say !

Take a look if your long sighted and tell me what you think, I still think it's 99.9% a reproduction but while I still have it I'll keep searching.............in vain.

Kind regards,

Marcus
    Attached Files

Comment

This is a little better

Comment

Ivan,

On the 134 there seem to be variants, that is to say the rivets and certainly the date seem to be different on at least 3 known original DK's on this site.

Points I can find I don't like about mine are the hook is not flush with the base, where the hook joins it's flat bed to ajoin into recess in base. The rivets to degree yes, and I thought the weight seemed a gram or two heavy.

Thr rim on the swastika seems a little to thin also, but no one has said I've seen one of these fakes or this is a new breed of them. No ones said it's good either !

We've seen the fake Detlev has considered to be the best he knows of or rather he considers it to be a fake, I don't want to put words into his mouth. This fake is on the thread I said about at the begining of this one. Mine differs from this one esp. the date.

I don't like this one but there is something left hanging about it.

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

This DK of mine is also very very similar to the first of the Kleins on the sites German Cross article, I'll have to print my number out and try to compare it.

Does the owner of it still have it, if you read this could you compare yours to mine with yours in hand I feel you'd be able to judge better than I.

kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

dkig 134

here is a link to photos of my dkig 134 http://www.thirdreichforum.com/viewt...894&highlight=

Comment

Thanks Michigan,

Thats got the external rivets and the fluted numbers.

Thats very expensive I'd want it in a box for that and better condition, but at the end of the day it's original and if you sit on it the price it will creep up to what you paid for it, one day!

I may be wrong but the 134 is a common maker and not so desirable as others, this notion is from talking to other collectors.

Me, I couldn't careless I just want an original.

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

The maker mark is not like that on the Detlev example (excellent reproduction) that one is more squat in size and shape, mine appears to be 'original looking' from what I can make out size shape and the numbers from pictures in Gordons book amd an example on the Awards Forum German Cross article.

The rivets on the Detlev example aren't as precise as mine they are 'rough' looking. Along with the other points I've made in comparison to this one they are 100% not the same.

How many fakes of these are known in such quality, can any one please help at all determine in all serious if this is fake or not.

I'm synonymous with fakes now and you're aware that this came from my 'dealer' if this a fake it should generate more interest because it's better than the Detlev example. The weight, size, construction and maker mark. And in todays day and age it won't be long before they perfect it, the buggers.

Anyway I've learn't a thing or two, please feel free to print any pictures off or I'll get a forum member to take some more detailed photo's for your reference.

I've gone as far as I can on this

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

Hi Marcus,

I'm sorry I haven't change my opinion. even if is again a little photo, no chanse for me the hallmark. Rivets, above all the above and the below are not nices.

Ivan

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for being honest, sorry about the small images I just can't get them bigger without distorting the picture.

Your help is always appreciated, I'm inclined to think it is fake don't get me wrong, but there is just something about this one.

You know I've always taken what you guys say, because you know more and have the experience and whats more you own the genuine articles. So don't take offence but I have a gut feeling on this one, right or wrong.

Has anyone encountered this fake before, for sale or other wise ?

Does anyone know anything at all about 134 fakes and the variants. This one is not like that of the near perfect reproduction that Detlev posted for our benefit a while back. Mine I think is a better fake, should it be. This award is on my first thread concerning my Klein DK.

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

well, here we go - I was sure it had to come, too many "134" brand new on the market.

Marcus, for how long do YOU have it?
                      Ivan's knowledge on DK is impressive, but IMO we are now reaching a point with DK where it is difficult (at least for me) to give a 100¨% opinion based on pictures only - you need to have them in hands - even if the remarks of Ivan are relevant if not right.

Markus, to make it short, you should send it to Detlev for an expertise (if he agrees but maybe he can tell by pics).

I don't have anymore "134" in my collection, but today based on this thread, I wouldn't add it to my collection - the point is simple, you should have unquestionable items in your collection and try to fo it fast before fakers reach perfect fakes - which is the reverse of the medal of articles like the one on the forum: used by collectors but aloso by fakers
                      Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

Thanks Francois,

I've had it for about a year, not a good sign really is it.

Thanks for the advice I'll take it, I'll of course let you all know what happens.

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

PLease one last look at this, look at these pic's

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X