Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

markings

Thanks M Stump to post these markings.
    The question now, does it exist some reproductions of allach porcelains?
    Personaly I bought this cup in 1988, if I remember well.

Comment

REPRODUCTION OF ALLACH

Like anything else, if something brings high prices the fakers will reproduce it. Rare porcelains of all types are reproduced. I dabbled in Allach in the 70's, but even then repro artist were at work duplicating certain Allach pieces.

Comment

Allach

I can say that reproduction Allach pieces are being produced and have been produced for at least 20 years. I collected Allach but only have a few pieces left in my collection. The plates have been copied, fantasy plates, egg cups, and mugs have been produced, the small bears, fox, lamb, German shepherd and other small animal pieces are currently being made.
        I've also seen new horse figurines made by Kaiser porcelain, Rosenthal and other decent German porcelain companies having their markings removed and bottoms reglazed with an Allach maker's mark transfer.
        It's another dangerous area for the unwary.
        Erich
        Festina lente!

Comment

Hi Bill ,
          I assume you mean Mr Oliver the fake buckle man.

Comment

Originally posted by merdock
            Hi Bill ,
            I assume you mean Mr Oliver the fake buckle man.
            I mean, Mr. Merdock, MR. Tony L. Oliver, Author of the first book dealing with SS Allach Porcelain, written in 1972. Tony owned and sold some of the rarest items from the Third Reich, rented authentic military vehicles that appeared in many noted motion pictures, (The Battle of Britian and The Dirty Dozen to mention two, and like all English dealers that I have ever met during my many trips to Merry Ole England, sold reproductions. Tell me the "Fake Buckle Man" story as I missed that one.

Comment

Allach

I have to agree with my "learned friends"... genuine Allach is extremely rare indeed. The marks are not what should be expected, and I would be very wary indeed of these pieces.
              Follow the link below to see go to Ulric's site... he often has some of the real stuff, but its very far and few between.

http://www.ulric-of-england.com/exotica.html

I now only have one plate in my own collection that has the Allach #4 mark as described and illustrated above by Bill...

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Comment

Hi Bill, Tony is still around doing Military fairs. I usually see him at Birmingham and the big show at Beltring in Kent. He now mainly sells US items, including a lot of nice Sweetheart items.
                I can tell you the story of the repro SS belt buckles. He made these in the 1970's and used the now well known SS runes in a diamond fake mark. He also marked the buckles with "OLT" which are his initials in reverse and a number which was his telelphone number at the time! These belt buckles are still doing the rounds today and may even have been put back into production.
                Cheers, Ade.

Comment

As promised,

mine:
                  Attached Files
                  -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

Markings:

Comments appreciated.
                    Attached Files
                    -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
                      Hi Bill, Tony is still around doing Military fairs. I usually see him at Birmingham and the big show at Beltring in Kent. He now mainly sells US items, including a lot of nice Sweetheart items.
                      I can tell you the story of the repro SS belt buckles. He made these in the 1970's and used the now well known SS runes in a diamond fake mark. He also marked the buckles with "OLT" which are his initials in reverse and a number which was his telelphone number at the time! These belt buckles are still doing the rounds today and may even have been put back into production.
                      Cheers, Ade.
                      Thanks for the update on Tony. I haven't seen him or his family since 1975. It is good to know that he is alive, well and still active in the hobby. When I last met with him he had probably one of the best SS Allach collection around. I bought the rare "Der Fechter", got it all the way home and dropped it on the floor unpacking from my trip. That was my last piece of the rare porcelain I ever bought. If you ever run into him say hello for me.

Comment

Allach

Ralph,
                        this is probably developing into a thread that belongs in a different area of the forum, but the vases look fine to me. I have to say, I collected mainly figurines and Julteller, so I'm not that familiar with the other pieces made by Allach, but they look like other examples I've seen over the years.
                        Very nice, and very difficult to find!
                        Bill, I can't even imagine how you must have felt. I once drove off and forgot a cased Juncker observer badge on the top of the car--I remembered it several blocks away, and my feeling was probably similar on a smaller scale! I drove back and was lucky--no one had run over it or picked it up. But Der Fechter!
                        Erich
                        Festina lente!

Comment

I have been collected Allach pieces for a lot of years ago, I have a collection with a lot of original pieces, and I have to say to Glenn this: I don´t buy your piece If somebody want to sell me it.
                          First of all, the marks is no good for me, but obviosly, I can have a mistake, but I never saw this mark in a well documented book.
                          But the main thing because I wouldn´t buy this piece is just for its quality. The best test of authenticity for an Allach item is to study its details, and to compare with another original pieces.
                          Please be carefull with Allach items. As Erich says, there is a lot of good and bad repros.
                          On the other hand, the Ralph´s vases seem be goods. I have got a similar piece for my collection. Unfortunately I can´t put pictures in this forum.
                          Best regards from Spain.

Comment

Gentlemen, thankyou all for your comments and observations, your input has been most useful.
                            Glenn R.

Comment

On this topic, Did allach make the hilter china? Does any one have any photos/
                              Dave
                              DaveJ

Comment

KC cup

Hello,

first of all I have to say, that the cup's you've shown here are all fakes. This cupes are arriving on the market in the late 70.th. Allach nver made cup's like this and if you ever have the chance to compare this cup with a white Allach porcelain piece, you will see straight. The marks of these cup's are totally wrong.

Secondly, Allach not made the AH chine. Various manufactures have made table china for AH (KPM, Meissen, Rosenthal etc.) for his different used locations (like appartment in Munich, Berlin, Berghof, train etc.). Allach never manfactured any table china for him.

Kind regards from Germany

Walter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X