Juncker loop tip finishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juncker loop tip finishing

I think it would be interesting to have a discussion on the loops of the KC's.
    Which loop comes with which KC maker and variant.

First we can start discussing the JUNCKER KC's and their loops.

Periods:

Very early KC's
    early KC's
    early - mid KC's
    later KC's

Juncker KC's:

unmarked
    800 dot
    800 L/12
    L/12 800
    micro2
    Lazy2
    Last edited by Kevin V.; 06-14-2007, 08:43 AM. Reason: extra info

Please share your opinions !!

VERY early...well finished and angled sharply

Early....some rounded

Early-Mid...angled and slightly finished

Later....chopped off and crude

Thanks D.

sincerely
    Kevin Verbeeck

Comment

Juncker "800" KC

The Juncker "800" KC loop
      Attached Files
      Interested in all E. Reitz Uniformwerke items.

Comment

Thanks werner for posting the picture for me of one of my Juncker "800" KC with the modified orange ribbon.

Juncker loops have a diameter between 1.58-1.62 mm.

The 800 on the Juncker pieces have a small gap between the "8" and the "0", and the lower loop of the "8" is larger than the upper loop.

Comment

Another Juncker "800" from Kevin V. collection

Thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

Could someone please post a picture of the loop of an unmarked Juncker KC as I did not find one yet for my own collection.
            Last edited by Kevin V.; 06-14-2007, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Another Juncker "800" KC from the Kevin V. collection with modified EKII ribbon

Thanks for looking
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Werner for the assistance.

Could someone please post a picture of the loop of an unmarked Juncker KC.
                Thanks
                Kevin

Comment

Unmarked Juncker KC

Here is a picture I found on the forum of an unmarked Juncker KC with an 800 marked loop.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Assistance welcome !!
                    Any other pics of an unmarked Juncker KC.

Thanks
                    Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by werner p. View Post
                      Here is a picture I found on the forum of an unmarked Juncker KC with an 800 marked loop.

Well, that doesn't really look like a sharp angle, does it??
                      To me the tips are rounded off nicely.

Regards,
                      Ben

Comment

Originally posted by ben bijker View Post
                        Well, that doesn't really look like a sharp angle, does it??
                        To me the tips are rounded off nicely.

Regards,
                        Ben
                        Hi Ben that is the reason I ask for other pics of unmarked Juncker KC's to see which loop they have!!

Thanks
                        Kevin

Comment

Kevin,

what undisputable and unshakable evidence do you have that all the Juncker crosses you looked at, and also the ones from your collection a paying member is posting here for you, have the original loops on them as they were delivered 'ex works' Juncker?

I know you dont. Nobody has this kind of evidence.

So the only second thing is to look at as much crosses as possible and hopefully get a statistical trend. That's all that's left, unless you have a lot of good original pictures showing the tips.

So what is a good number for lets say 'very early Juncker'? One, two, five, 28 ????

This is a shaky subject and huge verbal wars with accusations of 'fraud' and 'switching' have been faught over this - with no side being able to solidly prove a case or any case at all.

Dietrich
                          B&D PUBLISHING
                          Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
                            Kevin,

what undisputable and unshakable evidence do you have that all the Juncker crosses you looked at, and also the ones from your collection a paying member is posting here for you, have the original loops on them as they were delivered 'ex works' Juncker?

I know you dont. Nobody has this kind of evidence.

So the only second thing is to look at as much crosses as possible and hopefully get a statistical trend. That's all that's left, unless you have a lot of good original pictures showing the tips.

So what is a good number for lets say 'very early Juncker'? One, two, five, 28 ????

This is a shaky subject and huge verbal wars with accusations of 'fraud' and 'switching' have been faught over this - with no side being able to solidly prove a case or any case at all.

Dietrich
                            It is a shaky subject for sure, but lets try. It is not because something is shaky we can't discuss it. I have talked to Pieter V., Dave etc. and they will try to assist and make a nice thread concerning the loops.
                            For me the loop has the same importance as the cross itself.
                            If I buy a lazy2 KC I don't want it to come with a S&L loop. You know which loop comes with a Lazy2 KC but not all members here know that.

You are writing a book on the KC subject. I am sure you are not putting in pics of a KC that has a loop that comes for another cross as you know at what to look.

I like to hear all opinions and hope this thread will help other members who are thinking of buying a KC in the future so they know they need to look at all aspects.

Comment

I agree that when we aquire a Cross a 100%, one looker, no doubt feeling should accompany it....

That said, I am a purest to the enth degree (good or bad) but also a bit logical. If a Cross shows 'period' bits, ok! However, if it is attached to a loop, ribbon etc which isn't period I am turned off.

Anything can happen to include a loop change...

However, when we see very expensive Crosses being offered with loops that are bought on Ebay for $10 and attributed to a family purchase and suggested provenance....this makes my hair stand on end.

Logically, I like to see the loop 'match' the Cross but if it feels good and looks good, it just may be good
                              Regards,
                              Dave

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X