RK ribbon on e-Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK ribbon on e-Stand

What do you all think? http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=224620
    George

Originally posted by George Stimson View Post
    I need to see better pics, but from the current pics my opinion is

Comment

It must be legit.

This particular ribbon was given to me by my Grandfather, who was a Companie commander for a short period of time while fighting on the Russian front.
      Don't believe everything you read on the internet, that's how WWI got started.

Comment

The white stitching on the border is THE giveaway for a '57 ribbon if
        I'm correct....

Regards,
        Ben

Comment

Originally posted by ben bijker View Post
          The white stitching on the border is THE giveaway for a '57 ribbon if
          I'm correct....

Regards,
          Ben
          I agree but the border stitching looks orange to me - or is it my monitor? Or my eyes?

Comment

Hi Adrian,

Good eyes mate, the ribbon IS orange, and NOT white, as was stated
            So, I think, the `57 theory is covered.

Guys, I think, before everyone gives their opinion, it must be known, that, other than manufacturing "FAKES" during the TR period, THIS ribbon, CANNOT be a fake
            Let me give you a "short" rundown about this ribbon. My grandfather served in the 3./LW.JG.Rgt.25 for most of the war on the Russian front, until he was severly wounded in Kurland. Up until then, he was a "Spiess"
            and tasked, amoungst other duties, with the normal RSM duties. For a short period of time, he was acting Company CO, until a replacement was found. He obviously had the paperwork to do, of a Company CO, and maybe, on the odd occasion, had to hand out a medal or two. Now I do know, that the presentation of a KC, was generally left to the BAT CO, or Div CO, but I think, that on Company level, the Company CO would have a ribbon or two, or maybe even the KC of a receipient lying about. Especially considering, that all this took place in around 1944.
            My collection started off with my grandfathers dagger, medals, docs and pics, and as the years went by, my dad would clean out his cupboards and draws, and occasionally, would come across another pic or item that had belonged to my grandfather, and would give it to me. Recently, about a year ago, my dad gave me a field post parcel that had belonged to my grandfather, which had a couple of buttons, a ring, a spare Russian front medal and EK2 ribbon, a couple of very nice pics of naked ladies, AND, this KC ribbon!!
            I know that my grandfather never scoured any fleamarkets, nor antique shops, So, I can only imagine, that this ribbon, must have originated DURING WW2
            Now believe me, I am by NO means an expert on ribbons, but, I think you must agree, that the chances of this being "not right" is very slim!

Dion

Comment

Hello,

Dion, surely more opinions will come but here we have to evaluate the item and not the story.

William Kramer
              Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Absolutely true I agree, and that is exactely whats so good about these forums. In the cases where an item has been bought, found or obtained from some source where it could be questionable, i agree that there is always that possibility that Originality could be questioned, but I must say, in this case, there is no doubt in my mind that this ribbon is Original.
                But, be it as it may, I`m gonna try take some really good pics tomorrow in daylight, and will post them here.
                Thanks though, for all the feedback guys, it is appreciated.

Dion

Comment

Dion,

How can you sell it? It was part of your Gramps stuff!!???!!???!!??? In a round about way (original or not) it's a family heirloom!

I know, it's none of my business. Must need $$ badly.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Calvert View Post
                    Dion,

How can you sell it? It was part of your Gramps stuff!!???!!???!!??? In a round about way (original or not) it's a family heirloom!

I know, it's none of my business. Must need $$ badly.

Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

If people didnt sell family heirlooms none of this stuff would be in other peoples collections.

Nice story Dion and best of luck with your ribbon.
                      Iam Uncle Sam
                      That’s who Iam
                      Been hiding out
                      In a rock and roll band

Comment

DION SQUARED....AAAAUUUUUGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Comment

The ribbon is not produced before 1945 in my opinion. The red/orange edge is a problem. That edge should be black.

Peter
                          Attached Files

Comment

To answer the comment on why I would be selling my grandfathers stuff.
                            I have his complete grouping of Medals, documents and pictures, but, this KC ribbon was not issued to him per say, in other words, its not his
                            He only happened to be in possesion of it, towards the end of the war.
                            So, I`m not that attached to it. And obviously, I would NEVER sell my grandfathers personal grouping, but the bits and pieces, are of no sentimental value to me.

I`ve taken some better pics of the ribbon, so hopefully one can now determin the details. Yes, very strange that the ends are orange, thats also something that stood out to me. I know that they should be black, but overall, this ribbon is a very orange color In fact, if you look closely, there is an orange tinge comming through the black color??
                            Very strange.
                            Attached Files

Comment

another view
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X