EK2 Maker Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 Maker Needed

I posted this cross in my Iron Cross Update thread but it got buried in there I guess.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=219355

Anyway I picked this up with a packet as a set. The packet was one of those Carl Forster & Graf marked ones. The 2 were said to come together. I 'm not sure on that but figured I'd post here to see if a maker jumps out. That would answer some questions. That being said, this is actually a pretty sweet cross. It's on great condition. Any idea of a maker? Thanks, Steve
    Attached Files

The rear. Anything?
    Attached Files

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Steve - I don't know about the Cross, but the Foerster Packets are VERY often being offered along with the EK2s - you should find some threads on those, the collector"s community is somehow divided when it comes to those, I've seen batches of those packets, really, hundreds of them unissued, they're all over the place - I don't have no problem with the packets, but they're really everywhere and nothing special or desirable to me. Whatever the maker of your cross, it's a looker! The EK Lovers will make a statement on the maker of this beauty, eventually (I hope). If so, can yall point out the flaw that makes the cross a Maker X, please?
        Cheers
        Rainer

Comment

I just wanted one packet to be a representative piece for my collection so I went for this set. The shape of theb EK was a bonus. I didn't think it would be so nice. I think I did well.

Comment

Hi Steve!

Very nice example. Congrads!

I think it's a 23 Arbeitsgemeinschaft f******252;r Heeresbedarf in der Graveur- und Ziselierinnung/Berlin or the nickname Arbeitsgemeinschaft des Eisernen Kreuzes.

Regards
            Andreas

Comment

A 23 eh? Do you see them much? Do you ever see them marked 23 on the ring?

Comment

Is the swastika higher than the frame's beading?
                George

Comment

That's a tough call. I'm going to have to say no it's not.

Comment

Comment

My post isn't registering as the last one, so here it is again. The swaz is not higher than the beading.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Campell View Post
                        A 23 eh? Do you see them much? Do you ever see them marked 23 on the ring?
                        Hi Steve!

Could it be that i misunderstood your question?

Naturally i saw a few 23 marked crosses. If that wouldn't be like that I wouldn't have written that in my opinion your cross is a 23er.

You can see an example in the archive: Iron cross 2nd by Arbeitsgemeinschaft für Heeresbedarf mm23.

In my privat database i've seven examples and one in my collection.

Regards
                        Andreas

Comment

Thanks, I'll have a look. It's nice to be able to ID unmarked crosses.

Comment

Here's another '23' for comparison...

The swasi is higher than the beading on mine.

Robert
                            Attached Files

Comment

And another...

Robert
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X