Iron Cross Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iron Cross Update

I've been collecting mostly Imperial EK's lately, with my 1939 EK collection stagnating. I finally got the itch again and picked up a couple of new ones along with some other related items for a more representative collection. There's still a ways to go but it's coming along. Here's what I've done in the last little while.

First up is an early unmarked EK1 by Paul Meybauer. I got this on the estand for a good price. Here's some better pictures. This is a nice quality piece that I'm pretty happy with.
    Attached Files

Here's the rear of the Meybauer with it's distinctive Coke bottle pin. This piece is slightly vaulted. Would this have been done by hand?
    Attached Files

Comment

Next is an unmarked EK2 that I bought as a set with the paper packet. The packet was marked Carl Forster & Graf. I did some research on this maker and found out these packets are controversial. The seller said the cross came together with the packet. Can anyone ID the maker of this cross? That could clear up a few things. I'm keeping the packet and cross. It wasn't really expensive and the cross is actually very nice. It's got a nice look and feel to it and a ribbon that looks like it came on it. Any idea of the maker?
      Attached Files

Comment

The rear of the unmarked cross that came with the Carl Forster & Graf packet. I'm happy with this one too.
        Attached Files

Comment

I also picked up a document group that includes an EK1 doc a black Wound Badge doc and a portarit photo of the recipient. No medals however. I also collect wound badges so this group made sense to me and the price was good. The docs are in good shape. Also seen in the photo is the Carl Forster & Graf packet. These are my first documents of this kind.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Steve Campell; 05-07-2007, 07:59 PM.

Comment

I also picked up this EK1/EK2 stickpin.
            Attached Files

Comment

Finally, here's my 1939 EK case now. I just threw this together quickly but I think it looks good. I've added my KVK1 without swords because it was getting lost in another case of general medals. It's a tomback marked L15. In this case now are, (not in this order) 2 unmarked EK1's ( Grossman and Meybauer) a single parade mount EK2, a Shinkelform EK2, four unmarked EK2's including a Souval and a 24 wideframe. There are also five marked crosses including a 25, 27, 44, 55 and 65. Thanks for looking. Steve
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice collection, Pete.
                Im just loving EK´s

Regards Thomas
                Best regards Thomas.

WWW.CROWMOOR.DK

Comment

Thanks, but whose Pete?

Comment

Here's the latest addition to my 1939 EK collection. This is another example I never had represented in my collection, a 1st class screwback. This one is marked L59 and also has one of this maker's unknown marks on it, a small x. The frame has possibly been cleaned on this one but it' a pretty honest piece I think.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here's a shot of the rear with the screw device attached.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here's a shot showing the maker mark and the small x mark. What are these marks anyway? Quality control marks? Thanks for looking.
                        Attached Files

Comment

very nice display!

Comment

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with the way things are shaping up.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X